Recent

Author Topic: Fortes4Lazarus Group Header  (Read 7668 times)

philip64

Fortes4Lazarus Group Header
« on: May 14, 2012, 12:22:28 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know how to disable group header from printing again automatically on new page? I just need one group header even though the group is  spanning across several pages.

Thanks.

José Mejuto

Re: Fortes4Lazarus Group Header
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:41:20 pm »
Does anyone know how to disable group header from printing again automatically on new page? I just need one group header even though the group is  spanning across several pages.
Thanks.

Hello,

use a Header instead a Column Header band (If I correctly understand your problem).

philip64

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 05:59:00 pm »
Thanks.

Hello,

use a Header instead a Column Header band (If I correctly understand your problem).

Hi Joshy,

How are you  :D, Yes, I have already used a normal header, not the column header. The problem is that when the header is reprinted automatically on a new page, it will execute the BeforePrint and AfterPrint procedure again and caused trouble to the report.

José Mejuto

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:07:47 pm »
How are you  :D, Yes, I have already used a normal header, not the column header. The problem is that when the header is reprinted automatically on a new page, it will execute the BeforePrint and AfterPrint procedure again and caused trouble to the report.

Hi, long time without checking the forum :)

So you need a column header that only appears at the beginning of the group. Put a subdetail inside the group. If this is not the solution please be a bit more descriptive about how data is being injected (datasources involved and relationship) and how the report should look.

philip64

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 08:52:04 pm »
Hi, long time without checking the forum :)

So you need a column header that only appears at the beginning of the group. Put a subdetail inside the group. If this is not the solution please be a bit more descriptive about how data is being injected (datasources involved and relationship) and how the report should look.

Hi, Can you tell me what is the different between header and column header? I tried both before but they seems no difference to me. Actually, I am now migrating an application system from C++ Builder to Lazarus, so I am familiar with QuickReport, and I think the logic of FortesReport may be quite similar to QuickReport. However when I applied what I learned from QuickReport to FortesReport, I found some strange phenomenon when I put a header band component in a group component. And unfortunately, there are few English reference for FortesReport on the web. So if you can tell me the difference between  header and column header, may be I can try again and solve the problem by myself. Otherwise I will ask you again  :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:55:22 pm by philip64 »

José Mejuto

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:55 pm »
Hi, Can you tell me what is the different between header and column header? I tried both before but they seems no difference to me. Actually, I am now migrating an application system from C++ Builder to Lazarus, so I am familiar with QuickReport, and I think the logic of FortesReport may be quite similar to QuickReport. However when I applied what I learned from QuickReport to FortesReport, I found some strange phenomenon when I put a header band component in a group component. And unfortunately, there are few English reference for FortesReport on the web. So if you can tell me the difference between  header and column header, may be I can try again and solve the problem by myself. Otherwise I will ask you again  :P

There is not much difference, so I think your case needs a different approach using SubDetail. Instead Detail band use an empty detail band and just below put a subdetail and inside put a detail one only with your data. Remember to link the subdetail band with your data source.

You can also put the initial information in a Title band which should appear only in the first page.

philip64

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:06:17 am »
There is not much difference, so I think your case needs a different approach using SubDetail. Instead Detail band use an empty detail band and just below put a subdetail and inside put a detail one only with your data. Remember to link the subdetail band with your data source.

You can also put the initial information in a Title band which should appear only in the first page.

Thanks Joshy, you are right. Using title band instead of header band solved my problem.  :D  I put a title band in the group, and the title only printed once even though the group spanning across two pages.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:11:08 am by philip64 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018