Recent

Author Topic: lazreport preview and design windows width  (Read 4357 times)

tintinux

• Gestinux
lazreport preview and design windows width
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:53:02 pm »
Hi

I'm currently using Lazarus 1.0.2 / Linux amd64 / GTK2 / Ubuntu 12.04 / Gnome 3. I have no other machine available to try to reproduce under other environments. 

When I execute  ShowReport to preview a report, the Window has a height a little less than screen height, but a width of only about 20 pixels !  An A4 report is obviously not visible. Same occurs for design window.

It is possible to right-click in the Top Left corner and to maximize or resize to make the window larger and the report visible, but I can't request this from my users !

I never noticed this on my previous system using 0.9.30 and Lazarus for Linux 32 bits, and made no change to the code.

Is it a known bug ? Is there a workaround ?

Thanks

Tintinux

Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
Re: lazreport preview and design windows width
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 10:00:19 am »
I've seen the same on Linux (GTK2 IIRC). I'd suggest raising a bug in the bugtracker so it can be fixed.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

tintinux

• Gestinux
Re: lazreport preview and design windows width
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:58:07 am »
Ok, I'll do it.
This problem doesn't occur in Windows - Win64.
Thanks
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018