Recent

Author Topic: Where to get new TNotebook component?  (Read 5292 times)

vix

Where to get new TNotebook component?
« on: April 26, 2012, 04:55:07 pm »
Hello :)

I wonder where can I get the new implemented TNotebook component? I work at home on Lazarus 0.9.31 version compiled from svn and I can use this component. But in my work I have to use 0.9.30.4 where this component is missing. And now I'm going to work with project with gui based on TNotebook.

Is there any package with this component? Or if there's not such a package is there any posibility to add it to 0.9.30?

Best!
Tarzan no understand what mean syntax error...
..look out for my english..

vix

Re: Where to get new TNotebook component?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:23:52 pm »
Anybody?

Ok. I tried to switch some source code files (i.e. ExtCtrls.pp) from svn then force Clean+Build All, but there was some compiling errors during this. But maybe it's a good way to achieve that, olny have to know which files shold be switched to make Clean+Build All without errors and place TNotebook component on Additional pallete in 0.9.30 :)

But there is another question: is this really possible to place TNotebook in 0.9.30? Are they compatible? Or I have to wait for next stable release with it.

Best regards!

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:47:00 am »
Don't know the state on 0.9.30, AFAIK a few months ago, a big design flaw was found in TNotebook that makes it behave like TPageControl. I don't know what happened since that time (TNotebook exists in trunk though, with correct implementation AFAIR), since I never use TNotebook (for its original intent).

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 11:04:38 am »
I wonder where can I get the new implemented TNotebook component?

In Lazarus 0.9.31 or superior

But in my work I have to use 0.9.30.4 where this component is missing. And now I'm going to work with project with gui based on TNotebook.

You could ask them to reconsider that. You can use the branch fixes_1_0 which will be the base for Lazarus 1.0 see here http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/branches/?root=lazarus

Ok. I tried to switch some source code files (i.e. ExtCtrls.pp) from svn then force Clean+Build All, but there was some compiling errors during this. But maybe it's a good way to achieve that, olny have to know which files shold be switched to make Clean+Build All without errors and place TNotebook component on Additional pallete in 0.9.30 :)

You should never do that. Don't copy new LCL parts to an older LCL. If you really want the new TNotebook, then create a new unit for it in your project, like newnotebook.pas and copy to it *only the TNotebook code* from ExtCtrls.pas and it's implementation too. It should work because TNotebook has no widgetset side implementation, for most controls this would fail. It won't appear in the component pallete so you would need to create it by code
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:08:03 am by felipemdc »

vix

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 11:13:18 am »
Hello!

Big thanks for answers. I need TNotebook component to work in designer so creating it from code is not for me. I did not want to change 0.9.3 to 1 cause of lots of components installed. But 'Operation: Fixes 1.0' ;) accomplished now, and new TNotebook is available.

But maybe it's kind of option to create separate package for TNotebook component for instant install? It is very good component with new implementation.

Have a nice day! :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018