Recent

Author Topic: IBX for Lazarus Release 1.0-0 is now available for Download  (Read 9894 times)

tonyw

• MWA Software
MWA Software is pleased to announce the availability of Release 1.0-0. The new release can be downloaded from http://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=102&Itemid=133.

Release 0.9.5 proved to be very stable in practice with few bugs reported. The following changes have been made to Release 1.0-0

1. Added "if active then active := false" to TIBCustomDataset destructor. (Avoid error on database close).

2. Made use of $STATIC conditional in IBSQLMonitor (Needed for FPC 2.6.0 compliance)

3. Database Property Editor: Character Set drop down box now uses "OnChange" rather than "OnCloseUp" to react to changes

4. Property editors should now correctly resize.

5. In IBDatabaseEdit.TestClick, the LoginPrompt is now set to the state of the LoginPrompt Checkbox
   (restored original IBX functionality)

6. Under OSX, if IBX fails to load libfbclient.dylib, it will now try and load the firebird
   library using the absolute path /Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Firebird.

Many thanks to those who have downloaded and used IBX for Lazarus and, in particular, those who reported bugs and helped make this a better package.

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
Re: IBX for Lazarus Release 1.0-0 is now available for Download
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:36:31 pm »
Congratulations and thanks for improving support for Firebird on FPC ;)
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:50:42 pm »
Thank you!  :)

exdatis

• exdatis
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 09:51:32 am »
Great, thank you!  ::)

JD

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:55:56 am »
Music to my ears. I've been waiting for this for a while. Keep up the good work. Thanks a lot.
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

fredycc

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 03:20:26 pm »
 :) good news, thanks

Regards.

joseme

• Logosoft sistemas
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:03:21 pm »
Thank you!! I am spreading the news just now!
un aporte a la comunidad:
http://pascalylazarus.blogspot.com/

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 03:35:44 pm »
I've found an inconsistency with FPC 2.6.0, Lazarus 0.9.30.4 and IBX use of TIntegerField (in release 1.0-0).

There are thus still problems with Delphi IBX projects imported to Lazarus (which almost always include the use of TIntegerField) and IBX with Lazarus and fpc 2.6.0 which now attempts to create TIntegerField fields (trying to keep Delphi compatibility).

The problem is that Lazarus will complain that it does not recognise TIntegerField as a class.

The reason for this is that bug#0019035 has been fixed in 2.6.0 in the sense that TIntegerField is now defined as a subclass of TLongIntField instead of an equivalent type. This allows TIntegerField to be registered as a class, but this has not yet been done. Lazarus DBCtrls only appears to register the set of field classes given in the set DefaultFieldClasses in the DB unit. However, TIntegerField has not been added to this set.

I have reopened the bug. However, in the meantime, I would suggest that a suitable workaround is to add

RegisterNoIcon([TIntegerField]);

to the Register procedure in the Lazarus DBCTRLS unit and rebuild the IDE. Alternatively, you can add the same line the IBX register procedure (in IBDBReg.pas) and rebuild the package, re-installing it in the IDE.

I am reluctant to issue a new version of IBX because this is an external problem and there seems to be no easy means to recognise if TIntegerField has already been registered. That is, if I add this as a standard part of the IBX register procedure, IBX will fail to load as soon as the problem is fixed in Lazarus.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »

I am reluctant to issue a new version of IBX because this is an external problem and there seems to be no easy means to recognise if TIntegerField has already been registered. That is, if I add this as a standard part of the IBX register procedure, IBX will fail to load as soon as the problem is fixed in Lazarus.

{$IF FPCFULLVERSION = 20600 }
   RegisterNoIcon([TIntegerField]);
{$IFEND}

will fix it for 2.6.0 users without interfering with future versions.

Zaher

• parmaja.org
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 10:29:03 am »
Would you please put it in source control like Subversion or GIT, u can use github.com or sourceforge.net

LA.Center

• LA.Center
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20:44 am »
Maybe a dumb question but does IBX work, or let me rephrase, has anyone used IBX successfully also on Linux and Mac?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018