Recent

Author Topic: Menu crash  (Read 3492 times)

felipemdc

• Administrator
Menu crash
« on: May 08, 2012, 02:41:31 pm »
Hello huberte, so you reported that the menu and other things crash in some devices, right?

I just tested here in Galaxy S 2 with Android 2.3 and the menu works fine.

I know that there is a crash in Galaxy Nexus with Android 4 which I am tracking.

So, could you clarify the following points:

1> Which Android version does you Galaxy S2 have?
2> With which devices and which instructions exactly does it crash?
3> Does it also crash with the example application from examples/androidtest or only with your app? Maybe you are not syncronizing correctly the changes the the .java file.

huberte

Re: Menu crash
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:19:47 am »
1. Mine is a SGS2 2.3.6, the one where the menu crashed is a 4.0 SGS2, it crashed too on HTC wildfire. Do you know why it wont install on a 2.1.1 Android ?
2. Same as above and crashes too with the example application. the menu button for example crashes too, I'll ask for other things.

what did you see in the logcat ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:38:20 am by huberte »

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:57:47 am »
1. Mine is a SGS2 2.3.6, the one where the menu crashed is a 4.0 SGS2

Ok, so this is known. They changed something in Android 4.0 and there are issues with it.

I have an idea. I think that I need to stop the pre-calculation of JNI IDs and calculate them everytime in each routine. It could solve the problem (or not). It solved a similar problem some time ago.

, it crashed too on HTC wildfire. Do you know why it wont install on a 2.1.1 Android ?

Is this Wildfire using Android 2.1? LCL-CustomDrawn-Android requires Android 2.2 There is no way to make it work in Android 2.1 since it lacks a lot of APIs that I use.

See also: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL%20Internals#Minimum_Toolkit_versions

Notice that Wildfire is upgradable to 2.2

what did you see in the logcat ?

If the problem is only Android 4.0 then I can reproduce here too and I can see my own logcats. I still need to invest more time in this to investigate the cause.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:19:22 pm »
Ok, I fixed all errors which I could find for Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0 in rev 37245 and then further improved for Galaxy Nexus S 4.0 in rev 37246

Please test again =)

JNI is quite tricky. I had some small errors and missunderstandings which worked fine in older versions but broke now. Now the VM seams more strict.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018