Recent

Author Topic: Scrolling  (Read 3965 times)

CC

Scrolling
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:39 am »
Felipe,

I have checked the demo with the latest source  and the sensitivity of scrolling  has improved quite a lot. One thing I have noticed is that when changing direction with the finger kept on the screen it is not handled yet.

Cheers,
CC

CC

Re: Scrolling
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 02:08:08 pm »
The app feels quite snappy. I would say maybe to the point where it can be considered ready for prime time. :)

I do not know if you are already aware of this, but there is a problem with  the handling of mouse  events. The control under the cursor(finger) gets the MouseClick/MouseUp events even if the cursor already has left its client area. Also scroll gestures should be handled by the form, by default controls should not receive mouse events when the user is scrolling. If the control has its own scrolling area it should be selected first and  then it should handle  scroll guestures on started on its client area instead of its container till unselected.

Cheers,
CC
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:25:32 pm by CC »

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: Scrolling
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 02:38:44 pm »
I have checked the demo with the latest source  and the sensitivity of scrolling  has improved quite a lot. One thing I have noticed is that when changing direction with the finger kept on the screen it is not handled yet.

You can report a bug report so that this wont be forgotten. In general there are still some issues with the scrolling.

The app feels quite snappy. I would say maybe to the point where it can be considered ready for prime time. :)

Great =)

I do not know if you are already aware of this, but there is a problem with  the handling of mouse  events. The control under the cursor(finger) gets the MouseClick/MouseUp events even if the cursor already has left its client area.

This is by design. It works like that in the desktop LCL with the mouse, so the behavior is the same in all platforms.

Also scroll gestures should be handled by the form, by default controls should not receive mouse events when the user is scrolling. If the control has its own scrolling area it should be selected first and  then it should handle  scroll guestures on started on its client area instead of its container till unselected.

Yes, but I had trouble figuring out a specification describing how to know if the user is scrolling or is pressing a button or selecting something ... the difference is subtle. It has to do with how long it is holding and how fast he is moving the finger ... If you can come up with a specification it would be great. Or in any case report a bug for posteriority.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018