Recent

Author Topic: Qt: Using Lazarus for mobile phones that support Qt ?  (Read 5586 times)

p95x

Qt: Using Lazarus for mobile phones that support Qt ?
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:44:45 pm »
Hello,

my symbian Nokia phone supports Qt (current version is Qt 4.7.3), and I want to write application with Lazarus for it because Lazarus for SymbianOs is said to have not had any big success.

Is it possible ?

Thank you!

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Qt: Using Lazarus for mobile phones that support Qt ?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:36:12 am »
AFAIK the entire platform is now deprecated, our wiki pages regarding this platform hasn't been updated since 2007, and I have no idea about the current status of the compiler (last commit was in june 2011).

p95x

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 12:22:05 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am very sad to hear that because I am programming with Lazarus for 2 and a half year.
There don't seem to be any possibilites to write programms for symbian phones supporting Qt.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:47:34 pm »
You might want to know that Lazarus supports writing applications for Android, so you can write apps for Android instead: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Custom%20Drawn%20Interface/Android

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:32:22 pm »
I am very sad to hear that because I am programming with Lazarus for 2 and a half year.
There don't seem to be any possibilites to write programms for symbian phones supporting Qt.
You might still want to try what's left. I'm not sure whether it can produce binaries for real device, though the compiler for ARM is already complete. Read the wiki for guidance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018