Recent

Author Topic: pakage pass the compiling, failed during rebuilding ide?  (Read 2942 times)

childem

pakage pass the compiling, failed during rebuilding ide?
« on: April 02, 2012, 02:10:54 am »
After the pakage is compiled successfully, I rebuild the IDE, then the problem appeared; it complains a unit is not found (exactly of/for my pakage only)
The package is located in a independent folder in LAZ\components.
Did any one meet such problem? Have no idea how to fix it. Seems so weird and so hopeless!
THank you very much!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:19:39 am by childem »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: pakage pass the compiling, failed during rebuilding ide?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:05:35 am »
Fix your broken Lazarus installation first. Maybe the package starts to work, too.
From your old posting I see you use Lazarus 0.9.31. How did you install it? From a snapshot maybe?
Installing a new snapshot over an old snapshot without removing the old one leads to such problems. This forum is full of questions from people who did so.

For anyone who loads Lazarus trunk sources more than once, I still recommend loading them directly from SVN server.
- It prevents problems of duplicate leftover source files. "svn up" is clever enough to move files.
- It requires less network traffic and is faster.
- You get bugfixes immediately, not in the following day. This is important for people who want to check if a certain bug got fixed by a certain revision, and give feedback to developers.

Svn update also has the potential problem of leftover .ppu files after source files were moved.
It is easy to solve with a clean build (= all .ppu files are removed before compiling).

Once you have FPC installed, getting Lazarus from SVN is very easy:
  $ svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus
and later:
  $ svn update
Or on Windows you may want to use TortoiseSVN which is equally easy.

[Edit] Make also sure you have the dependency for the package defined in the project. Can be a similar problem than with TPrintDialog.

Juha
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:15:40 am by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

eny

Re: pakage pass the compiling, failed during rebuilding ide?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:12:35 pm »
This is some kind of internal lazarus problem and is no way related to old, invalid or corrupt installations.
The way to get it working:
  • Try to compile the package; when there are no errors go to the next step
  • Remove the compilation files of the package (clear the lib folder)
  • Choose Install package (not compile): the ide will automatically rebuild the package and install it
All posts based on: Win10 (Win64); Lazarus 2.0.10 'stable' (x64) unless specified otherwise...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018