Recent

Author Topic: Can't Find Units  (Read 5106 times)

chris319

Can't Find Units
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:18:02 pm »
I installed Lazarus v0.0.30.4 and now my lpr can't find the units listed under Uses. What do I need to do?

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Can't Find Units
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:51:51 am »
Depending on which units you use, if it's in certain packages, your project should have the packages as dependencies. Check Project Inspector.

chris319

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:20:31 am »
It's logical to ask, why would installing a new version change any of these settings?

Leledumbo

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:29:00 am »
If it's because of a new installation, check your fpc.cfg, ensure it points to the correct directory (esp. if there's a version specific directory involved there). Ensure this also for your packages. I haven't used the installer for a very long time, so I don't know the structure created by the installer.

chris319

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 06:16:49 pm »
I should have been more clear. This was an upgrade to the current version over an existing installation. Everything worked just fine until I tried to upgrade to the current version. This is a bug as far as I'm concerned. Upgrading to a newer version shouldn't render my projects useless.

User137

• Nxpascal home
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 08:37:32 pm »
Did you check your fpg.cfg? It is very important that you make sure it's built right. With some versions it was needed to generate yourself. Also the paths must be correct with Lazarus options too.
From menu Tools -> Rescan FPC Source directory, when you think paths are set right. Then clean+build all Lazarus.

chris319

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 07:42:50 pm »
The simpler option would be to not upgrade and leave everything as is. I don't want to risk going through all these steps, have it mess up or not work and have to restore everything from a backup (again), which would put me right back to the old version. That's an hour or more wasted right there.

Leledumbo

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 10:57:55 pm »
Well, I agree that we don't have good upgrade engineering yet, but not to upgrade is not an option I would choose. Once you get how to upgrade, the next ones are mostly the same. It's quite seldom that a new version breaks current installation (the last one happens to me yesterday, regarding mouse wheel, while the previous one a few years ago), when you have the configurations in version neutral way.

For instance, I have lazarus and fpc in separate directories (not fpc within lazarus) and even I don't put any version directory directly below them (no lazarus/0.X.X or fpc/2.X.X), although for fpc this would be OK since $fpcversion macro could be used in fpc.cfg.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018