Recent

Author Topic: Android development reports  (Read 15755 times)

Rustam Asmandiarov

Re: Android development reports
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »
so how can I use OpenGL in your widget?

так, как я могу использовать OpenGL в вашем виджете?

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 03:30:01 pm »
How much OpenGL do you want? Do you want to mix OpenGL with LCL controls or do you want to have only OpenGL?

Rustam Asmandiarov

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 03:45:48 pm »
Only opengl, so simple! A new window, and it only OpenGL!
And it would be nice to implement context management in native code, for example, to specify the attributes for the context of color, depth, control the activation and so on.

Только опенгл, так проще! Новое окно и в нем только OpenGL!
И было бы неплохо реализовать управление контекстом на нативном коде например задавать атрибуты для контекста цвета, глубины, управления активацией и прочее.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 04:01:42 pm »
You don't need the LCL to work with pure OpenGL, you can use the JNI OpenGL example and work from there:

http://lazarus-ccr.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lazarus-ccr/bindings/android-ndk/examples/opengltest/

Please start a new thread in the Android section for discussing the example if you want to follow up.

CC

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 09:58:31 pm »
I was delighted to see that windows development for android is quite easy now. Though it is kind of painful to see that you seem to carry the Android platform mostly by yourself. Anyways, congrats!

Well, in terms of writing code indeed I am currently writing 99%+ of the Android support till now, but you should not underestimate the value of the community financial support which helps me push this at a much faster pace then I normally could if I had to do this without only has a hobby (bringing bread to the table takes priority). This comes via direct bounties but also via articles in magazines like Blaise Pascal and FreeX. So it I am not exactly alone on this one =) If you consider that, I think we are doing quite fine and the Android support will only get better and better from now on.

There are code contributors in non-Android sides of CustomDrawn: Giuliano is working in the X11 backend and I had some patches from lainz for the custom drawn controls

Good to hear! From what you have written it seems you are quite enjoying doing this. :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:05:50 pm by CC »

CC

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 02:01:08 pm »
It would be good if people can test the pre-compiled compiler from today for Windows:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/p-tools/files/Free%20Pascal%20for%20ARM/Windows/?

It looks like the build from march30 had some issues, but now they should be fixed.

How can i get it's  source?

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 02:38:43 pm »
Good to hear! From what you have written it seems you are quite enjoying doing this. :)

Indeed =)

How can i get it's  source?

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Custom_Drawn_Interface/Android#FPC4Android_2.5.1

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 02:52:51 pm »
6th April

This week I implemented many drawing optimizations. Those were designed to speed up large desktop applications, but you can feel the difference in Android too. Now fullscreen desktop applications are much faster:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Custom_Drawn_Interface#Drawing_optimization_roadmap

Of course, it still should be even much faster, so sometime later I will give another go in optimizing, but for now the speed should be good enough for most applications.

I advanced a bit in getting the SQlite example working, but it still doesn't work. I'll try next week after eastern to work further on this. I think that working in the threading system could make it finally work (hopefully).

And some new things implemented:
*Now the Align property works
*Now resized controls are invalidated, fixes a bug which could be noticed when rotating the device
*Implemented FrameRect
*Implemented StretchDraw with the linear filter
*Improved the screenshot support
*Advanced a lot the support for regions
*Many other minor stuff which I forgot already
*Started working in support for TDBGrid and TStringGrid, they are starting to work already, but aren't finished
*Started bitmap mask transparency, not finished

Some large applications are already starting to work, for example:
*The Virtual Magnifying Glass (except for the system tray icon and bitmap mask transparency) See magnifier.sourceforge.net I want to make the next Mac OS X release with LCL-CustomDrawn and maybe the next Linux release too
*lazarus/examples/canvastest

TinyPortal © 2005-2018