Recent

Author Topic: End User Form Design (EUFD)  (Read 6640 times)

Googler

End User Form Design (EUFD)
« on: November 26, 2005, 07:17:06 pm »
Can I make an End User form editor as Lazarus form editor iself with using the units in the Lazarus path.

Lazarus IDE is iself GNU licensed, so it are no problem for me to implent an own form editor in my program I make with lazarus from the lazarus source code?

And with the inipropstorage component, can I make an form editor (if I can) wich reads ini files as institutive forms, and it will be an very cool and powerful ini editor ever?!!

:lol: The leopard says today that he is very tired to run so long time and never comes

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: End User Form Design (EUFD)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:02:22 am »
If you use code from Lazarus visual form editor, then your program must be GPLed or perhaps LGPL and it might also take some time to study Lazarus IDE code and separate the Form Editor from the rest.

There is another way to allow users to modify forms, properties, objects, create plugins, etc. They can do that with Pascal Script component. This allows them to change the form in a non-visual way, by writting pascal code, like:

myForm.Width := 300;

With Pascal Script, your program doesn't need to be GPL. You can find more information on this component here: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Pascal_Script

googler

End User Form Design (EUFD)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 01:45:20 pm »
lazy to use delphi 7 because it are so much expensive components anvaible..

I am not lazy, and in Open Source world, you not need to pay, but work more. Therefore the leopard maybe running non-stop to show this. Otherwize, there should be really cool to try to programming an full featured form editor in Lazarus. An form editor wich can import such xml forms and export it Delphi form etc. I will see what i can do for such form editor project in future.

Have luck!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018