Recent

Author Topic: Android API  (Read 19874 times)

LA.Center

• LA.Center
Re: Android API
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 12:59:40 pm »
sorry, I meant Samsung Galaxy G1010 Wifi, there it works, but on some not for example, and I found out that even though I specified STORAGE permissions some Androids stay read-only, therefor the crash.

Anyhow, I have also tried a slight different approach, and the result is attached here http://forums.gridplusplus.com/index.php?topic=677.msg917#new (sorry for directing to a other site but here you can not attach larger than 250 KB).

and it was better for us to create a native proxy interface to Android SDK, instead of customdraw, don't get me wrong I still think CustomDraw is the way to go for Lazarus because of LCL compatibility but we thought it became really slow once you had a lot of components on screen, we also kind of had to go with the native proxy interface because we have also 3FX (GLES) components that need to be rendered.

I think you the rock n roller here, getting Android up and running ;) and I personally have learned a lot from you/your code. Thank you man!

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 01:39:46 pm »
and it was better for us to create a native proxy interface to Android SDK, instead of customdraw, don't get me wrong I still think CustomDraw is the way to go for Lazarus because of LCL compatibility but we thought it became really slow once you had a lot of components on screen,

Yes, it stills needs a lot of work on optimizing for speed. Currently it is optimized for using the smallest amount of RAM possible, but one could reuse already drawn elements and make it much faster. Also the text should be faster via LazFreeType then via the native Android text rendering. Also there is no support yet for partial invalidation. For scrolling one could draw and store the entire form area instead of only the visible part(which requires more RAM), and so on. LCL-CustomDrawn is a young interface, needs time (and patches) to mature and be more optimized.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:47:37 pm by felipemdc »

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 11:37:08 am »
You shouldnt have given up so early, now I have implemented the painting optimization and it is fast even with many controls in the form.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018