Recent

Author Topic: Changing Datasource Active Property from True to False crashes IDE  (Read 3891 times)

waltmayo

Changing Datasource Active Property from True to False crashes IDE

I have a program written using the DBF control and the Datasource control. If I change either one from True to False in the Active property, it crashes the entire IDE.

Help!

Walt

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
Re: Changing Datasource Active Property from True to False crashes IDE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »
Did you point the TDbf control correctly to an existing .dbf file? The only crashes I ever had with TDbf were when it couldn't open a file...
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

waltmayo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 09:19:47 pm »
Yes... it's connected and data controls working fine. Program runs fine. But it won't allow me to change the filepath because the datasource control is active. When I try to change it to false, the IDE shuts down.

Walt

PeterK

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 04:58:36 pm »
Changing Datasource Active Property from True to False crashes IDE

I have a program written using the DBF control and the Datasource control. If I change either one from True to False in the Active property, it crashes the entire IDE.

Hi Walt,

when I set DBF1.Active:= FALSE then App crashes - which is does not lead to a shutdown on my PC because I activated all DEBUG switches in the Project Properties Settings. Error Message is:

"Operation cannot be performed on an inactive dataset."

So, please, activate Debug Switches while developing (IO, Overflow, Stack etc. ..)
Only disable them on compiling a release version of Your Application.
Or when You code timecritcal things as device drivers or native Audio IO or so.

Cheers,
Peter

TinyPortal © 2005-2018