Recent

Author Topic: Cannot build using qt  (Read 5428 times)

bryan@computer-help.us

Cannot build using qt
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:17:27 am »
I've downloaded the 64 bit version of qt4pas v2.5, changed the build options to use qt widgets, selected all option to clean and build. It gets through most of the compilation, but fails when it comes to the IDE with:

/usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30.4/ide/idecmdline.pas(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit sdflaz used by Lazarus

sdflaz.lpk and sdflaz.pas are located in /usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30.4/components/sdf

This is on Kubuntu 11.10 and 12.04. Both have the same problem at the same spot. Compiling with gtk2 works fine but I don't want gtk2, I want to use qt4. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Cannot build using qt
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:23:58 am »
Path problem maybe? Try uninstalling sdflaz first and see what happens.

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:49:26 am »
That's pretty strange problem, I don't use 0.9.30.4 but trunk and it builds without problem on 32 and 64 bit distros. Maybe you should do:
make bigideclean LCL_PLATFORM=qt and then make bigide LCL_PLATFORM=qt ...

bryan@computer-help.us

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:48:45 pm »
@zeljko

Thanks. That worked. I can use qt now. But, for some reason now the "View Forms" and "View Units" speedbuttons on the ide don't work. The press, and there is brief hd activity, but then nothing further. If I minimize Lazarus, then bring it back up I can see the frame of the dialog that is supposed to show the selections, but nothing else. I can close the frame using the X close button and Lazarus comes back. I guess it's not a huge problem since I can still do File-Open to open the units and forms (how do you switch from source to form view when lfm files are opened?) but it is something I'd like to fix if possible.

hmmm .. and I just found out that "File-New" does the same thing as the View Forms and View Units. Shows the empty dialog frame after minimizing and restoring Lazarus. Nothing further. So, now that makes it unusable.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:10:03 pm by bryan@computer-help.us »

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 07:34:54 pm »
I don't have such problems....maybe related to distro...maybe you should try to use trunk.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018