Recent

Author Topic: Area to upload Developed programs  (Read 8075 times)

tjpren

Area to upload Developed programs
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:42:50 pm »
Hello All,

I'm generally really enjoying lazarus and Pascal.  Still a lot to learn.

I've uploaded a program in a previous post that I wanted to share, and wonder if it might be considered a good idea to have a a forum area where members can upload their programs and a simple description.  Save trying to search in posts if anyone has left any code.

I enjoy reading through others code for suggestions etc.

Any way just a suggestion

Regards

Also, I sure a lot of programs people write have been prevously written by others.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Area to upload Developed programs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:47:29 am »
Lazarus Application Gallery and FPC Applications Gallery is nearly enough, minus the upload feature.

tjpren

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:37:02 pm »
hello,

They are very polished programs - I'd be somewhat ashamed to upload my scratchings to that repository.  I was thinking of something a little more informal where the less practised programmers can publish their apps.

However, thanks for pointing out those other links, I'mgoing to try some of them out.

Regards

JJVillamor

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:28:58 pm »
An old post but I think such a section(with or without source) would be of benefit to lazarus and would be lazarus users.

I learned by piecing snippets together and by looking at simpler applications to get an idea what is being done and how it is done.

I am self taught and without the snippets and small "beginner" apps I wouldn't have delved into programming especially delphi

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 02:33:35 pm »
They are very polished programs - I'd be somewhat ashamed to upload my scratchings to that repository. 
Seems a waste to have yet another place to look for programs/source code. Why not put it in the Lazarus Gallery even if you think it's not that good? Other people may become interested and have improvement ideas.

Nobody is a perfect coder (or, to borrow from another thread, a perfect graphics designer)... but fortunately you often don't need to be to create something nice, interesting or needed.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

typo

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:30:43 pm »

JJVillamor

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:02 am »
Seems a waste to have yet another place to look for programs/source code. Why not put it in the Lazarus Gallery even if you think it's not that good? Other people may become interested and have improvement ideas.
This may be a dumb question but searched the forum and have to ask: where is the gallery

jmpessoa

Lamw: Lazarus Android Module Wizard
https://github.com/jmpessoa/lazandroidmodulewizard

nsunny

• Code is magic
    • LazPlanet
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 08:44:27 am »
hello,

They are very polished programs - I'd be somewhat ashamed to upload my scratchings to that repository.  I was thinking of something a little more informal where the less practised programmers can publish their apps.

However, thanks for pointing out those other links, I'mgoing to try some of them out.

Regards

That's a very good idea. It is very easy to implement such a script. But storage is also a matter. Server storage should be ready for such a feature.

(I kind of had it as a plan for my website as well. I am getting mentally prepared for a Planet Source code.com type website where users can upload their projects, add description, rate them, comment on them etc.)
Lazarus TTS Tutorial | LazPlanet
Lazarus 2.2.0 | FPC 3.2.2 | Linux/OpenBSD/ReactOS

JJVillamor

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »
I do think a psc style site would give Lazarus FPC a good boost.

janasoft

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 12:12:08 pm »
I think it's a very good idea, mainly for newbies.

At the forum or the wiki, we can get ideas, sometimes even lines of code extracted from programs, but it´s difficult to get the entire examples of how the things are done in the real life.

IMHO having a place where find those complete pieces of code would be very interesting.

Regards
Lazarus 2.2.6 (rev lazarus_2_2_6) FPC 3.2.2 x86_64-win64-win32/win64

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »
Well the idea is certainly nice. There are many levels on which code can be shared.
1 - re-usable snippets, such as validating email
2 - basic sample projects, such as simple demonstrating the usage of a component
3 - entire libraries/code collection (such as a unit containing all kind of functions to deal with emails)
4 - actual applications for use
5 - Probably more.

4: Can either be in the CCR (search wiki) or hosted on sourceforge and others
3: May also find its place in the CCR

2: Some of them are in the examples folder of the Lazarus distribution. Some more might be added there. But that will take time and reviews, and not all will make it.

For 1 and the remainder of 2 (and maybe 5) there is no official place yet.

I would not be sure if any one of the current team has the time and interest to set this up *AND* maintain it.

On the other hand, this does not necessarily have to be provided by the official team. There are successful none English lazarus forums provided by others (and within their language, they are accepted as the official place). And for Delphi the best add-on providers were provided by other people.

So I suggest that this is a good project for anyone with time and energy to take it on.

--
Just to say: This is more than just adding a new board to the forum. It needs maintenance. Reviews copyright violations and all.
Also a forum would not provide a good structure to organize and search the data

TinyPortal © 2005-2018