Forum > Suggestions

Area to upload Developed programs

(1/3) > >>

tjpren:
Hello All,

I'm generally really enjoying lazarus and Pascal.  Still a lot to learn.

I've uploaded a program in a previous post that I wanted to share, and wonder if it might be considered a good idea to have a a forum area where members can upload their programs and a simple description.  Save trying to search in posts if anyone has left any code.

I enjoy reading through others code for suggestions etc.

Any way just a suggestion

Regards

Also, I sure a lot of programs people write have been prevously written by others.

Leledumbo:
Lazarus Application Gallery and FPC Applications Gallery is nearly enough, minus the upload feature.

tjpren:
hello,

They are very polished programs - I'd be somewhat ashamed to upload my scratchings to that repository.  I was thinking of something a little more informal where the less practised programmers can publish their apps.

However, thanks for pointing out those other links, I'mgoing to try some of them out.

Regards

JJVillamor:
An old post but I think such a section(with or without source) would be of benefit to lazarus and would be lazarus users.

I learned by piecing snippets together and by looking at simpler applications to get an idea what is being done and how it is done.

I am self taught and without the snippets and small "beginner" apps I wouldn't have delved into programming especially delphi

BigChimp:

--- Quote from: tjpren on December 28, 2011, 12:37:02 pm ---They are very polished programs - I'd be somewhat ashamed to upload my scratchings to that repository. 

--- End quote ---
Seems a waste to have yet another place to look for programs/source code. Why not put it in the Lazarus Gallery even if you think it's not that good? Other people may become interested and have improvement ideas.

Nobody is a perfect coder (or, to borrow from another thread, a perfect graphics designer)... but fortunately you often don't need to be to create something nice, interesting or needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version