Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Help Files  (Read 18981 times)

DonBEE

Lazarus Help Files
« on: February 07, 2010, 06:58:31 am »
If I put a simple "OK" button on a form and then select that component, and then tap "F1" key for help... nothing happens!
Are there usable help files?
How do I install them?
This software is impressive but utterly useless without help files.

theo

• Global Moderator
Re: Lazarus Help Files
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 10:31:57 am »
F1 works in the Editor.
Place the caret on the word TButton and then press F1.

MikeWarot

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:26:09 pm »
#1. The Help key should work when you're in the form editor as well. I'll have to figure out how to file a bug report.

#2. How do you get OFFLINE help files to work?  I commute and almost never have connectivity during my peak programming time. 

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 10:50:51 am »
#2. How do you get OFFLINE help files to work?  I commute and almost never have connectivity during my peak programming time.  
.xml help files are converted to local html files, so can be viewed offline.
should this article help?
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Offline_Documentation

http://wiki.freepascal.org/How_To_Make_Lazarus_Docs
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:42:15 pm by skalogryz »

DonBEE

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:47:25 am »
#1. The Help key should work when you're in the form editor as well. I'll have to figure out how to file a bug report.

#2. How do you get OFFLINE help files to work?  I commute and almost never have connectivity during my peak programming time. 

The "Help key".  What key is that?  When I look at my keyboard, I don't not see any key labeled "Help".  Perhaps you meant some other key that I do have?

pyroclastic

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 06:42:40 pm »
Hello all im a delphi user from windows who decided to do the same in linux that brought me here to lazarus. 

i guess installation went well having no problems lazarus starts no error mess. but i have atempted to install help files.. thats where i stuck. please help me out. and please dont send any links  that were in posts above couse they are useless.  menything are not correct or they are just outof date.

oke enough about bad news. if out there someone like me who had problems with it and solved please let me know. step by step guide would be real nice couse im new to linux.

i have lazarus 9.30.2
OS opensuse 12.1

Troodon

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 08:16:15 pm »
The "Help key".  What key is that?  When I look at my keyboard, I don't not see any key labeled "Help".  Perhaps you meant some other key that I do have?

Generally, the Help key on Windows is F1. But I doubt this information will help much in this particular case. :)
Lazarus/FPC on Linux

TinyPortal © 2005-2018