Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] GDB in Windows  (Read 2716 times)

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
[SOLVED] GDB in Windows
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:02:37 pm »
I currently have 0.9.30.2 installed on a windows box and I've noticed a strange thing recently - I've been unable to pause the program or step through it. Then I checked Debugger in Environment Options and it's set to "no debugger", and when I tried to set it to GDB, I've found out there is no GDB installed in the fpc + toolchain bin directory under Lazarus, so I guess it's not included.

However, I'd swear I've been able to pause/step before, and I never installed GDB, however I might be mistaken...

I'd like to confirm if there really should be no GDB included with Lazarus, and has it been included before... And in the case there is no GDB distributed here, which GDB should I install? I have mingw installed (currently an older version though), shall I use GDB from it?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:23:01 pm by TurboRascal »
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: GDB in Windows
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:17:31 pm »
It should be included, but I haven't checked the 0.9.30.2 installer if it is indeed complete.

Look for a folder called mingw in the lazarus directory.

It can be downloaded here in case: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/binaries/i386-win32/gdb/bin
(libraries go into the same folder as the exe)

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
Re: GDB in Windows
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 02:22:45 pm »
Thanks, I completely forgot it was in a different directory than the other tools :-[

I wonder why its path disappeared from Environment Options though...
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

TinyPortal © 2005-2018