Recent

Author Topic: MySql Components to Lazarus  (Read 6716 times)

Nurbs1

MySql Components to Lazarus
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:34:07 pm »
Hi all, i use to develope in delphi, but a couple of days ago i discover Lazarus, and i want to begin to work with it. THe question is that when i work with a DB in Delphi i use the TTable component to work with BDE or Interbase, the thing is that i want to begin to work with MySql and Lazarus (Because are OpenSource), and i want to know if there is a similar component to work with MySql (TTable, TQuery etc...).

Regards

matthijs

RE: MySql Components to Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 04:14:57 pm »
Yes, there are. If you look in the lazarus directory, you will find a subdirectory called "Components". In this is another subdirectory SQLdb. Install the sqldblaz package and you will have components to connect to and work with mySQL, Interbase/Firebird and PostgreSQL.
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

:( Why cannot I upload my own Avatar? :(

ddelfino

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 07:32:21 pm »
The MySQL SQLdb components are not workin in the current Lazarus svn and with the fpc 2.0.1 branch. It gives me an error like Abstract method called when I try to connect. I have connection problems even on the sqldb examples provided with the package (the console ones). The only way I was able to connect to MySql was using the raw MySQL4 header translation I've already informed the maintainer, so I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
Dean

shayne

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 08:36:41 am »
Seemingly still broken. :(

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 07:50:28 am »
What version(s) of MySQL is supported in Lazarus?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018