Recent

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi - 25$ ARM Linux HDMI board  (Read 40386 times)

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
Re: Raspberry Pi - 25$ ARM Linux HDMI board
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 12:40:18 pm »
@mariuz: nice. You're probably also the one who got Firebird examples updated? Thanks for that!
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

mariuz

• http://flamerobin.org
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 05:39:40 pm »
Yes i do the examples updates

Here are some screenshots with lazarus ide on pi but with ssh -x
http://mapopa.blogspot.ro/2012/11/lazarus-ide-on-raspberry-pi.html

I don't have monitor for the moment attached to the pi

The ide doesn't eat too much ram :)
VIRT | RES | SHR
127m  42m  18m

jwdietrich

• formatio reticularis
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 07:01:55 pm »
As it is quite easy now to install Lazarus on the Raspberry Pi I have written a short article in the Lazarus wiki at http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Raspberry_Pi.

Please edit and extend as required.
function GetRandomNumber: integer; // xkcd.com
begin
  GetRandomNumber := 4; // chosen by fair dice roll. Guaranteed to be random.
end;

http://www.formatio-reticularis.de

Lazarus 2.2.6 | FPC 3.2.2 | PPC, Intel, ARM | macOS, Windows, Linux

Bfrost

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 09:25:21 pm »
Thanks for your wiki on installing Lazarus on the Pi. I've been using Delphi since it was born and this is my first venture into Lazarus and Linux. I have a couple of questions as a complete beginner with Lazarus and the Pi...

1. I made a simple one button form "hello world" program. It works fine but takes around 60s to compile. Is this typical? Can I improve this somehow? If not, are there instructions for cross compiling and debugging from Windows to the Pi?

2. I've located the output of the above program in the TMP folder and using file manager it runs when I open it (outside of Lazarus). I will eventually want to start my (GUI) program up at boot and I get 'gtk-warning cannot open display' if I run it from the root prompt. I've tried the various suggestions for this error on the net but without success. How would I run my GUI program at boot time please?

Many thanks for any replies.
Brian
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:27:37 pm by Bfrost »

geno

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 12:34:19 am »
Welcome to the forum, Bfrost!

works fine but takes around 60s to compile. Is this typical? Can I improve this somehow?

1.  Unfortunately, the compile times on the Raspberry Pi are a little long, after all, it is not near as fast as your desktop.  You might try removing the debug info before compiling [Projects -> Project Options -> Linking] uncheck 'Generate Debugging Info' .

are there instructions for cross compiling and debugging from Windows to the Pi?

Cross compiling has been batted around on this forum many times - do a search for - 'arm cross compile' -- also search the wiki; I know there is at least one tutorial in there.

I've located the output of the above program in the TMP folder

2.  The output is in the /tmp folder because you probably did not save your project before compiling - /tmp is the default location, move your project under /home/pi/project_name; especially since you want to run it on startup, which leads to your last question.

I've tried the various suggestions for this error on the net but without success. How would I run my GUI program at boot time please?

Once again, do a little searching - on the raspberrypi.org forums.  A quick search lead me to
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=28200&p=254387..  This discussion was centred around raspbian-wheezy and LXDE; since you did not mention your linux flavor or xwindow desktop manager, this is as good a starting place as any.

I know I haven't given you any explicit answers to your questions, but you will find here that you will be encouraged to do a little research, as well as share your sources of information (or lack of).  Feel free to post back here if you still cannot find what you are looking for - there are a lot of of smart people here who are willing to help.  [btw - I'm not in the smart people group - I just like trolling  :D ]

Also, please include your operating system and Lazarus/FPC version information in your posts so others may be able to find a more targeted solution for you.  I hope this helps you.

regards,
     geno
version:      Lazarus 1.9   FPC 3.0.4

widget set:  x-86_64-linux-gtk 2

Bfrost

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 11:41:24 am »
Thanks for your kind help gino. Regards, Brian.

croc

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2014, 12:20:43 pm »
Hello,

I have question. I have raspberry pi version with 256mb and 16gb sd kaart. I installed lazarus and it boots up correctly in GUI. When I compile a simple example I get the following error: lazarus error can't call the assembler, error -1 switching to external assembling.

I already change the memory split to 16mb with
sudo raspi-config option 8 memory split to 16mb.

what is missing or went wrong ?

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2014, 01:01:06 pm »
what is missing or went wrong ?

My guess is that you didn't set up your distribution for development. At least binutils and make, and maybe some other development packages (glibc-devel) might be missing.

Most distributions have some meta package to load them all at once, I think debian and derivatives uses "build-esssentials" or so.

croc

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2014, 12:03:18 am »
That will be fine with glibc-dev but that should in debian I think libc6-dev but my systems already has the newest version installed, so I don't think that will be the problem. What should it be than?

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2014, 05:35:33 pm »
That will be fine with glibc-dev but that should in debian I think libc6-dev but my systems already has the newest version installed, so I don't think that will be the problem. What should it be than?
The assembler is not included there. You should try compiling a hello world program first to ensure the compiler, assembler and linker are all found.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2014, 05:40:54 pm »

That's only one of three packages that I named. I said make, binutils and (g)libc-devel. (name distro dependent). Probably add GDB for good measure, if only to get a traceback.

croc

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2014, 09:10:56 pm »
@ Marcov,

I checked all 3 and I get the following answer: newest is already installed. I installed GDB and this wasn't installed yet. What should I do now ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018