Recent

Author Topic: More Info/Support on TBufDataSet  (Read 4162 times)

99Percent

More Info/Support on TBufDataSet
« on: November 11, 2011, 04:25:42 pm »
I think TBufDataset has great potential for more support and development. I am particularly interested in adding SQL support (TSQLBufdataset?) to differ updates to the server or load into memory isolated reads.

I am trying to find more info on this component but its development seems to be abandoned. I am willing to try to work on it but before it would be helpful if there has been other work done. Right off the bat I can see that some properties can be published in TBufDataset (from TCustomBufDataset) with no problems. But by looking at the code ApplyUpdates() seems completely nonfunctional.

Has anyone looked into this component recently?

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
Re: More Info/Support on TBufDataSet
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:51:07 pm »

99Percent

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:52:46 pm »
I have seen your package but that is not what I am looking for. Your object is to support SQL directly to the in memory tables. I want more like Delphi's ClientDataSet functionality over an already existing client-server database:

1. Specify a different SQL to SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT.
2. Buffer edits to the underlying dataset and then apply them seperately with ApplyUpdates.
3. Specify how many records to retrieve at a time for very large dataset and automatically do so when scrolling.
etc

99Percent

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 12:32:58 am »
I am realizing just now that TSQLQuery has almost all the functionality I am looking for so I guess I should be asking for more info/development of this component instead of TBufDataset. I was originally using TSQLQuery but stopped when I realized I needed buffered edits and to be able to edit even while disconnected from the database server.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018