Recent

Author Topic: Custom Drawn Controls advances  (Read 151437 times)

mse

Re: Custom Drawn Controls advances
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2013, 08:30:10 pm »
I tried to install MSEgui some time ago but could not install (compile) on Linux Ubuntu 64 bit, FPC 2.7.1. I
Sure, FPC trunk is not supported because it is not ready for use for MSEide+MSEgui, some things are "not yet decided". Please use  FPC 2.6.2 or fixes_2_6.

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2013, 08:52:08 pm »
Hi,
How it is done? Do you draw everything yourself or does MSEide and fpGUI something like Themes and ThemeServices, where you can dig image from system (i.e. you request image of button and underlaying widgetset will paint it itself for you).
Thanks.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

mse

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2013, 09:03:08 pm »
MSEgui and AFAIK fpGUi too draw everthing without help of external services beside of X11 on Linux and gdi32 on Windows. MSEgui also has an experimental OpenGL backend and can produce Postscript.

airpas

« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2013, 09:05:59 pm »
i like MSEgui , i've wrote some apps with it , but i'll vote for mseide as the best ide for fpc only if focuse more to ( code complition , documentation , avoid sepatated windows  , reduce the number of properties of controls and let only the useful ones , provide a valide instalation file ..)  and if possible a mac version

mse

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2013, 09:11:24 pm »
avoid sepatated windows
'View'-'Panel'-'New Panel', now you can dock the windows in the panel. In main window below the main menu there is a dock area too.

airpas

« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2013, 10:18:03 pm »
i can't dock vertically , the fact that every project has its own IDE layout is annoying . how can i make a layout that will not be changed whenever open new project ?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:22:04 pm by airpas »

Carver413

« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2013, 10:34:47 pm »
I am working on a much different design then all of the above. nothing like the delphi model at all. built on a custom linked list design where all things are connected and container classes don't exist. it has a scripted frontend which is built into the core and touches all parts of the framework even the shaders. the goal of the Explorer model is to create an easy to learn easy to use 2d/3d framework. not for the business model but for creative minds who want to explore the future. game engine design,graphic tool development,education software all of these are poorly repesented with the current model and in most cases to bloated.
I am only using a very minimum dependency. xlib which provides only the very minimum window interface so eventually it will require little work to expand to sdl or others. opengl 3.0+, openal,freetype2. the explorer will be pure orignal design. things like xml and others will not exist except to import or export to an from. the gui is scripted of course and very minimal, more like containers with purpose. expansion will be done by child objects and the scripted interface so you don't get stuck fighting with someone elses code every time you try to do something new. the canvas area is completely seperate from the gui so one can create as many different looks as desired. of course some are more expensive then others and all texturing is done by the cpu at this point. this is not a big problem since these textures only get redrawn when something actual changes and the canvas area is quite capable of pre-rendering the more expensive stuff aside from that it is quite powerful and getting better all the time.   

Dibo

« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2013, 10:52:46 pm »
@Carver413 - sounds interesting. Do you have any preview? Most of my projects are non business, like chats programs, etc where nice unconventional interface is most important (attached screen of one of my app based on BGRA Controls). So your framework fits perfect for my needs

Carver413

« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2013, 12:16:26 am »
@Dibo
http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/showthread.php?13312-Carver-Explorer
if you follow the thread to the end you can see some of the more resent stuff. I have alot of example renders that I haven't posted. still alot of refactoring going on so it hard to do alot of themes yet because they end up being broken with all the changes.  I am working on a new brush system to make it more theme friendly currently you have to rebuild the brush every time you want a new brush so much time is wasted on that. it will also group things in a much safer way. brushes often have a few pieces that make up a brush so it would be better to contain them within the bush so the go away together. I like the Bgra but it just didn't fit my design model so I didn't use is.

mse

« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2013, 07:03:55 am »
i can't dock vertically
Drag the grip to the opposite window edge in order to switch tiling horizontal-vertical. Drag the grip to the center of the window in order to switch to tabbed docking. Click on the small button in the window corner with the circle symbol in order to show the grips of the docked windows.
, the fact that every project has its own IDE layout is annoying . how can i make a layout that will not be changed whenever open new project ?
You can load a layout of another project by 'View'-'Load Window Layout'. Make a new project template by 'Project'-'Save as', save it in your template directory (normally apps/ide/templates). Project templates are normal *.prj files, there is no difference.
Tips for your form: tcaptionframe has the property "caption" which can be used instead of additional tlabels.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:07:21 am by mse »

mse

« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2013, 07:23:14 am »
Most of my projects are non business, like chats programs, etc where nice unconventional interface is most important (attached screen of one of my app based on BGRA Controls).
Such things can be done with MSEgui too:
http://almin-soft.fsay.net/index.php?multimedia/xelplayer/xelplayer-screenshots

Blestan

« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2013, 08:51:43 am »
any plans when mse or fpgui will target mobile? if we miss this we miss the next decade...
the same way that delphi missed web 10 years ago ...
Speak postscript or die!
Translate to pdf and live!

mse

« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2013, 09:14:38 am »
I made experiments with an OpenGL backend. It is not easy to achieve good performance on all devices because there are so many different implementations all with different extensions, limitations and bugs. ;-)
I don't think it is a good idea to use an universal tool for mobiles anyway. Possibly it is the best to use the native tools of the mobile platform.
On desktop computers it is another story, there it is possible to build high quality applications with an universal tool like MSEide+MSEgui or fpGUI or Lazarus.

Blestan

« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2013, 09:29:05 am »
so for uniform mobile apps we must migrate to js +html + css + phonegap ? >:D
Speak postscript or die!
Translate to pdf and live!

mse

« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2013, 09:36:44 am »
Probably. :-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018