Recent

Author Topic: Executing multiple sql statements  (Read 9988 times)

T90

Executing multiple sql statements
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:29:13 pm »
I have done some search, but I did not find answer to my question. I have several sql statements and as far as I found a TSQLQuery can execute just one at a time. How can I execute all the statements at once ?

Arbee

Re: Executing multiple sql statements
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:11:22 am »
Don't know about SQLdb, but in ZEOS there's the TZUpdateSQL object, which allows multi statements.  Obviously such a construct only makes sense for queries that update the DB, not for SELECTs.

I never used it myself, but as far as I can see you need to link such a TZUpdateSQL object with the standard TZQuery (via the "updateObject" property) and call the latter's execSQL.

In SQLdb (I don't have in-depth experience with that one) I see the TSQLScript class.  No idea if that even comes close, but you may want to investigate that.

1.0/2.6.0  XP SP3 & OS X 10.6.8

ludob

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:45:04 am »
Zeos has also a TZSQLProcessor that is usefull for running SQL scripts. Set TZSQLProcessor.Script or do a TZSQLProcessor.LoadFromFile and then TZSQLProcessor.Execute. Also useful for complex multi-table updates since Params are supported.

sqldb has TSQLScript with less features. Set TSQLScript.Script and call TSQLScript.Execute;
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:48:44 am by ludob »

T90

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 09:55:03 am »
I thought I found a solution, but I was wrong. I want to do the following:

I have several TEdits that holds some information. However I want to update only the TEdits, whose information has been changed. This is why I use Query.SQL.Add and I add just the info from the boxes with changed info. Usually the Query.SQL.Text consists of 2-3 queries. I made a TStringList var names sqlstatements and set its delimiter to ';' since all queries end with ';'. When I use the sqlstatements[0] and so on the queries are displayed correct with parameters. I forgot to add that I use params. In phpmyadmin all is executed correctly, but unfortunately Lazarus does not execute it. Is there a bug or simply Lazarus can not execute queries in this way ?

T90

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 10:02:28 am »
I will take a look at the ZOESLib as you, guys mentioned.

And I've got another question: Is it enough to remove the ';' and ' from a TEdit in order to avoid SQL Injection ?

ludob

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:20:40 am »
Is it enough to remove the ';' and ' from a TEdit in order to avoid SQL Injection
If you are using parameters you don't have to do anything. ftString fields are or bound (sqlite,... ) or quoted and escaped (mysql,...).

garlar27

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 02:20:08 pm »
I never had problems executing many SQL statements as long as I end each statement with  a ";". For instance:
Code: [Select]
INSERT INTO "EMPLOYEE" ("ID", "NAME") VALUES (1, 'A');
INSERT INTO "EMPLOYEE" ("ID", "NAME") VALUES (2, 'B');
INSERT INTO "EMPLOYEE" ("ID", "NAME") VALUES (3, 'C');

TinyPortal © 2005-2018