Recent

Author Topic: Creating a Main Menu...and getting it to work  (Read 4532 times)

David Chandler

Creating a Main Menu...and getting it to work
« on: November 03, 2005, 07:31:47 am »
Thank you those who answered my previous post.  I got the main menu editor to work.  But when I go to run the program in the Lazarus IDE it freezes when I click the menu.  (I am working in Version 0.9.10 for win32.)

I tried making a simple do-nothing menu.  I simply opened a new project, dropped a menu onto the form, created a menu item and a submenu item.  I double clicked the submenu item to create a dummy procedure for a mouse click handler, and compiled.  It freezes at runtime in the IDE when I click on the menu item.  Try it.

I tried running one of the example programs that has a menu and it freezes too, in the same way.  Ironically, both mine and the example work fine if I get out or Lazarus and double click on the exe file.

If I debug the project and step through it, it appears to hang up when it is looking for an inc file.  It gives me an opportunity to supply a path.  If I give the correct path to the inc file, it continues to run until it needs another inc file.  I don't know if path screwups are the underlying problem, but if so, perhaps there is some configuration workaround so I can tell it where things are.  

Anyone out there successful in creating menus that actually work when testing them in the IDE?  What are you doing that I'm not doing?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018