Recent

Author Topic: sqlite.dll sqlite3.dll mystery  (Read 21532 times)

picstart

sqlite.dll sqlite3.dll mystery
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:05:31 pm »
The package sqlite3laz0.4 in the do not install view of the package manager has a red x
the package will install and the ide will recompile but it never makes it to the installed packages ...yet the sqlite3 icon makes it to the palettes data access tab. Running code that uses the Tsql3DAtaset that worked under v09.28 fails under v0.9.30  after an error free compile  with a run time message >>>>> program can't start because sqlite.dll is missing.
I have sqlite3.dll in windows>>system32 Running win7pro 32 bit.

I tried sqlitelaz0.4 ... it install but when the IDE comes up it errors with sqlite.dll missing. I can't find a source for sqlite.dll
Packages not installed are sqldblaz  ( probably nothing to do with sqlite )
sqlite3laz0.4 with a red x
sqlitelaz0.4   without a red x
This is likely another unpleasant dependency issue or install order issue that I have no clue how to solve.
Any ideas would be of great help

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: sqlite.dll sqlite3.dll mystery
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:16:21 am »
program can't start because sqlite.dll is missing.
I have sqlite3.dll in windows>>system32
Put it in lazarus dir, perhaps the dll isn't loaded statically.

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:29:06 am »
Why would it complain it cannot find sqlite.dll if you only use sqlite3, which requires sqlite3.dll?

If you don't intend to use old sqlite, don't install the sqlite (without '3') package and uninstall it if installed.
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

picstart

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:06:09 pm »
sqlite is not installed and wasn't installed. Sqlite3 won't install either though the icon makes it to the palette ( sqlite3 has a red x in the not yet installed list). Since the sqlite3 component errors at run time with it needs sqlite.dll I naively thought it was a dependency issue so I tried installing sqlite without the 3. sqlite hangs the IDE after the recompile of the IDE asking again for sqlite.dll. I recovered by using lazarus.old.exe Again I have always had copy of sqlite3.dll in windows system32. Having sqlite3.dll in windows system32 worked with the 9.028 version of Lazarus. I'm probably wrong but I suspect the IDE itself is reliant on sqlite so it is built in in 9.30 and wasn't in 9.28. Anyway if anybody has got sqlite to work with 9.30 I can put my suspicion that sqlite3 is broken in 9.30 to oneside. Thanks for the ideas so far.

christensen

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:25:52 am »
The same problem  had, After I've install Lazarus 0.9.30.2 and install a few components, i noticed in the list of Install/Uninstall Packages Sqlite and Sqlite3, i wasn't sure about which is which and i've installed both(with no errors) ... after this monumental mistake the IDE wont start, the error was the missing sqlite.dll file. only the sqlite3.dll had found but for sqlite.dll no luck.
Lucky with the lazarus.old.exe i've managed to uninstall the sqlite.

Lazarus 1.4.4, FPC 2.6.4, Windows 7 64bit, AMD Athlon 7750 black edition, Asus M3N78-CM
Lenovo L540 i7-4702MQ, Windows 10 x64,Lazarus 1.6.2,FPC 3.0

jmpessoa

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:09 am »
For Windows, this sequence is important:

1) Download "sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3071000"  from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html
Unzip and put "sqlite3.def"  and "sqlite3.dll" on <Windows> directory.

2) From lazarus/components/sqlite install "sqlite3laz.lpk"
Lamw: Lazarus Android Module Wizard
https://github.com/jmpessoa/lazandroidmodulewizard

christensen

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:12 am »
i didn't copy "sqlite3.def" to system32 directory only the "sqlite3.dll". Sqlite3 was on the Install/Uninstall Packages list and from there i've install it, at least on Lazarus 0.9.30.2 was in the list, i don't know for other versions if they are available in that list.(at the moment with this fresh install i haven't try the component if it's work properly when i compile a project)
Lazarus 1.4.4, FPC 2.6.4, Windows 7 64bit, AMD Athlon 7750 black edition, Asus M3N78-CM
Lenovo L540 i7-4702MQ, Windows 10 x64,Lazarus 1.6.2,FPC 3.0

jmpessoa

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »
Hi Christensen,  try putting dll  just in <windows> directory !

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 03:20:57 pm »
I'd really NOT put stuff into the windows/system32 directory, especially not overwrite dlls...
Recipe for DLL hell...

Instead, you can copy the required dlls (and other files) to your lazarus directory. This will allow design time support.
Then copy the dlls over to the output path of your executable and distribute them along with the executable itself. This way, you don't mess with your users' windows directory either.

Just my 2 cents; if you're fine with copying stuff to your system32 directory, it's certainly a quick way of doing things...
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

jmpessoa

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 04:28:48 pm »
Hi BigChimp, you're right!
My suggestion is to quickly resolve the frustration of a code that does not work! so, just try not only <windows/sistem32> but too just <windows>  directory! In this case it actually should work! :D

talesrj

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 07:25:31 am »
Hi guys,
I have the same problem, using Lazarus at Windows 7 x64.
I tried all the places for sqlite3.dll (same dir than project, windows, system32, etc), but without sucess. Everytime that I tried to run a SQLite, this error appears:

Project projeto raised exception class 'EInOutError' with message:
Can not load SQLIT client library "sqlite3.dll". Check you installation.

At address 63B1AF

Does anybody can help me?

Thanks!

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 07:35:31 am »
Hi guys,
I have the same problem, using Lazarus at Windows 7 x64.
I tried all the places for sqlite3.dll (same dir than project, windows, system32, etc), but without sucess. Everytime that I tried to run a SQLite, this error appears:

Project projeto raised exception class 'EInOutError' with message:
Can not load SQLIT client library "sqlite3.dll". Check you installation.

At address 63B1AF

Does anybody can help me?

Thanks!
Check the bitness of your app and the dll, they must be the same

TinyPortal © 2005-2018