Recent

Author Topic: Pascal at your Country  (Read 38386 times)

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: Pascal at your Country
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 08:00:26 pm »
In Poland I did not have much trouble to find a job in Delphi. I know 6 companies in my region that use Delphi. But of course Pascal it is not the most popular language.
Some time ago I saw job offer which mentioned about Lazarus and Free Pascal but too far :/

Really? Which companies/locations? And where and in which company was the job offer for Lazarus/FPC?

xinyiman

• Lazarus and Free Pascal italian community
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 10:04:24 am »
In Italy the same thing, I know of only 3 people including myself who plan to FP / Lazarus. The programming languages ​​are used. Net, Java, C + +. I opened a 3d to combine everyone's ideas to try to increase attention to the lazarus project, give your contribution.

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,14885.0.html
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:06:40 am by xinyiman »
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac
Lazarus: 2.1.0
FPC: 3.3.1

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 10:32:51 am »
I guess you mean, Lazarus 1.00, not FP ;)
yes, it's just a little jab,  It's the Rev a new user sees when he gets this pascel stuff from sourceforge

Nope. http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Win32/2.4.4/

Dibo

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 08:09:36 pm »
In Poland I did not have much trouble to find a job in Delphi. I know 6 companies in my region that use Delphi. But of course Pascal it is not the most popular language.
Some time ago I saw job offer which mentioned about Lazarus and Free Pascal but too far :/

Really? Which companies/locations? And where and in which company was the job offer for Lazarus/FPC?
Sorry for late. This is the offer (outdated). You must use some translator from polish to english ;)
http://www.pracuj.pl/praca/programista-pascal-delphi-poznan,oferta+archiwalna,2176494
And this is location:
http://maps.google.pl/maps?q=Polska,+Pozna%C5%84&hl=pl&ie=UTF8&sll=52.46103,16.98349&sspn=0.477779,1.352692&hnear=Pozna%C5%84,+Wielkopolskie&t=m&z=11

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 09:26:15 am »
I agree (but then I claim to be a firmware programmer, not software)
Just curious, do you use Pascal for firmware development and what platform is your target?
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

mas steindorff

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 06:42:55 pm »
sorry for the delay, i didn't see the post till today.
Just curious, do you use Pascal for firmware development and what platform is your target?
I use pascal on my windows system to (pre) test the interface I present from the firmware.  that way I can test all of the firmware and not just what the end software presents to the end user.  this approach also helps to isolate the source of bugs (software or firmware) since the test software is a independent test.

that was true until my last project, where I put in some tacharts and started graphing stuff instead of using my normal the "matrix " type display.  Management saw how much faster and easier the pascal code ran compared to python and are now releasing the software as a development aid for beta testers.  Another engineer has also come out of the closet and confessed to being able to program in pascal once he saw how simuler the Lazarus IDE is to the old Delphi IDE.
windows 7/10 - laz 2.0 / 1.2.6 general releases

poiuyt555

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 08:57:14 am »
Now, here in Russia, with Lazarus i think the same:
it is somehow NOT that in-demand.

In database development area extremely popular 1C:Enterprise 8 - very powerful system.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:06:39 am by poiuyt555 »

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »
Haven't heard of Lazarus projects here (Philippines) but I've definitely dealt with a few Delphi-related work

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 03:18:05 pm »
Haven't heard of Lazarus projects here (Philippines) but I've definitely dealt with a few Delphi-related work
Feel free to spread ;)

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 05:26:39 pm »
There are Delphi jobs in the UK too - more specifically London. But what is very sad is the salary. I just looked. 5+ years of Delphi experience will give you a £24k per year salary. Then I did a search for Java in London. A fresh graduate programmer, no work experience gets a starting salary of £30k per year!  :(
--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

md9projeto

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 03:14:00 am »
Surprised to to see Brazil here.
In Brazil DElphi is still heavily used,but terceirization is killing us.
Sometimes you have to know Pascal and more 3 languages to find a job.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 09:14:42 am »
There are Delphi jobs in the UK too - more specifically London. But what is very sad is the salary. I just looked. 5+ years of Delphi experience will give you a £24k per year salary. Then I did a search for Java in London. A fresh graduate programmer, no work experience gets a starting salary of £30k per year!  :(
Well - from my own experience a few years ago - when a Delphi programmer has also qualifications for the financial industries on at least a lesser degree level (b.sc /b.a or equivalent in e.g. economics as well as programming skills) you could get 80.000+ not that long ago, on contract. Maybe that changed. There is a lot of Delphi software still running in the City and Edinburgh.
Same goes for the Netherlands. But as I wrote: it needs more that just programming skills. It needs thorough understanding of the field of work, in my case stock and currency trading.
As an aside: try COBOL jobs if you want a decent reward... I still get approached for jobs in the financial industry for my COBOL skills, no need to apply....(I wish I was able to work, which I am not, due to Lyme damage)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:23:11 am by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

md9projeto

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 01:51:58 pm »
See,Job ads like these are normal in Brazil.
Superior em conclusão em Sistema de Informação e afins.
Desenvolvimento de software na linguagem Delphi Pascal / Java (Ângular) / PHP.
Desenvolvimento de relatórios na ferramenta Cristal Report’s ou Quick Report.
Metodologia Ágil.
Atividades: As atividades a serem realizadas pelo profissional devem ser com total responsabilidade, eficiência e qualidade.
Disponibilidade de início imediato.

JD

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 01:58:46 pm »
(I wish I was able to work, which I am not, due to Lyme damage)

I'm really sorry to learn of that. I have a friend that also has Lyme disease. I really hope you can get the medical relief you need.

JD
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 03:41:36 pm »
I'm really sorry to learn of that. I have a friend that also has Lyme disease. I really hope you can get the medical relief you need.
If you or your family members ever get bitten by a tick, go to your GP immediately. Don't ignore it because you are a "man" and ignore any visible large round blue and purple circles around an insect bite.
In Western Europe ticks are an increasing problem and can do serious harm to your nervous system and to your bones.
Explain to the GP there need not be visible anti-bodies - some of them still don't know. That's old school. Lyme can hide in soft and vainless (bloodless) tissue and can go undetected for years. In my case it was only found in a university hospital (AMC), not based on blood tests but by other means ( a needle is still involved)
I was just bloody stubborn....But treatment goes very well, although there is some irreparable damage. No real brain damage (which could also have been the case!!) , some nerve damage and knee problems.
I hope moderators leave this warning in! Almost summer.
I hope your friend will be OK.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:50:44 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018