Recent

Author Topic: How to append a text file to a TMemo?  (Read 26832 times)

Elmug

Re: How to append a text file to a TMemo?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 03:30:49 pm »
@Elmug, eny gave you exactly what you asked for, I guess you should be thankful instead of hostile...

Thanks for replying, but the information that Eny linked to is not what I wanted and I already thank him for that.
eny linked you all the thing you need to: "append a complete text-file to the existing contents of a TMemo". The part of reading that links, understand what functions do by their descriptions and mnemonic names, power up the brain and then write YOUR code, is YOUR part. You can't ask us to code for you all simplest thing you need...
If you just known things eny linked, then YOU can post that code and say something like "i know how to do this in this way, is there a better and/or shorter and/or faster method?".

My post is not really related to this particular thread, but to all that one started by you which quite always are resolved by pointing you to a particular manual page, so in definitive: RTFM (if you don't know what it means, don't ask it here, google it).

Of course, everything can resolve to manual pages FOR EVERYONE. I am no exception.

However, the pages than Eny linked I was already aware of and that's not what I wanted.

I have the right to ask any thing I happen to be ignorant about, confused about, or have forgotten about,  just like others have the right not to wish to volunteer to answer.

Now if people think they know everything, and that gives them rights to judge others, that's something else.

Besides, it would be presumptuous for anyone to believe that manuals of any kind are perfectly clear, complete,  unambiguous, or so simple to interpret for anyone, on any thing.

If it were so, then the job would be done long since, and there would be no need for this forum, don't you think?

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 03:38:25 pm »
However, the pages than Eny linked I was already aware of and that's not what I wanted.

It seams that you want a one-liner to append text from a file to a TMemo. The answer is: It does not exist. If you want to have one, just create a routine for that:

procedure AppendTextFileToTMemo(AFilename: string; ADestMemo: TMemo);

And implement it.

And about the rest of the discussion, lets stop it right here.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:40:18 pm by felipemdc »

Elmug

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 04:23:54 pm »

It seams that you want a one-liner to append text from a file to a TMemo. The answer is: It does not exist. If you want to have one, just create a routine for that:

procedure AppendTextFileToTMemo(AFilename: string; ADestMemo: TMemo);

And implement it.

And about the rest of the discussion, lets stop it right here.

Thanks for understanding, Felipe.

I already did the suggested, actually 3 procedures, a while back.

I just did not want to re-invent the wheel and be dumb by not asking.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018