Recent

Author Topic: windows 7 64 bit postgres can't find libpq.dll error  (Read 34982 times)

goodname

Re: windows 7 64 bit postgres can't find libpq.dll error
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 03:50:09 pm »
TPQConnection depends on libpq.dll.
libpq.dll version 9.0 depends on ssleay32.dll, libeay32.dll, libintl-8.dll, libiconv-2.dll

The 8.4 libpq.dll depends on more dll's then 9.0 does. Suggest you just use the 9.0 dll's since they will work with a 8.4 database.

Found the dll dependencies through trial and error much like your doing but had missing dll error messages to guide me.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 12:59:24 am »
Found the dll dependencies through trial and error much like your doing but had missing dll error messages to guide me.
If you use dependencywalker you could see all dll dependencies quickly.

jacem

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 09:58:36 pm »
Does anybody know why the error depends on how I open the lpr file?  double click from the windows explorer no error.  open lazarus file->open-> select lpr file from the project directory, get error.

weird

Jonathan

Lacak2

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 07:20:24 am »
Does anybody know why the error depends on how I open the lpr file?  double click from the windows explorer no error.  open lazarus file->open-> select lpr file from the project directory, get error.
IMO it is related how current directory is set.
If you open lpr file, then you are in current directory where required PostgreSQL client dlls are.
If you open Lazarus, then current directory is different, so PostgreSQL client dlls are NOT on path.
IMO no bug there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018