Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus for Android and iOS  (Read 14162 times)

fellipehenrique

Lazarus for Android and iOS
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:52:10 pm »
Hello,

I will start to develop for iOS, and I see in google the Lazarus can compile for iOS.. and for Android... my question is: The same project, code.. can I compile for both iOS and Android? Excluding - of course -  some code about native OS...

Thanks for all.

Best Regards,
Sorry my poor english, I try to write most correctly :D

Muriaé - MG - Brazil

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: Lazarus for Android and iOS
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:09:33 pm »
At the moment you can only share the non-visual code. For the Android GUI the best option is probably using the LCL. Using the Android native API is quite hard from native programs. For the iPhone currently you can only use the native iPhone API.

I do intend to port the LCL to the iPhone, but I haven't yet started. Donations or Bounties for this project are welcome, since the iphone is so expensive.

Phil

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:27:58 pm »
I do intend to port the LCL to the iPhone, but I haven't yet started. Donations or Bounties for this project are welcome, since the iphone is so expensive.

You could always start with the entry-level iPod touch. That's what I use for development since I'm too cheap to buy the more expensive iPhone or iPad. The touch does not have a cell phone model, obviously, or GPS or the Siri voice frontend, but I think it has just about everything else that the iPhone has.

Thanks

-Phil

IndianaJones

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 11:46:35 pm »

I think the basic thing is, can compile under the same compiler?

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 10:47:41 am »
I think the basic thing is, can compile under the same compiler?

Yes, Free Pascal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018