Recent

Author Topic: Error when compiling: Cannot create directory ""  (Read 5912 times)

Niri

Error when compiling: Cannot create directory ""
« on: June 11, 2011, 08:18:35 am »
Hi,

When i create a new project there is no problem compiling and running the new program. But after i saved the project and then try to compile and run it, i get a litte popup error window that says

Cannot create Directory ""
[Cancel] [Repeat]
(In my german version it says Kann Verzeichnis "" nicht erzeugen so maybe i have not met the exact wording in my re-translation).

Using the repeat button does not lead to another result while cancel stops the complete process so i am finally not able to compile and run the program.

Is there any setting i could use to configure the empty directory mentioned in the error perhaps to my projects directoy? Or is this simply a bug in my Lazarus Version (0.9.30)? On an earlier windows installation i had worked with a previous lazarus version and cannot remember a similar behavior, while i had used the same directories for my projects.

Thanks, Niri

Elmug

Re: Error when compiling: Cannot create directory ""
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:14:52 pm »
Under Environment/Options, check the "defaults for all projects" if not yet done so.

Or, perhaps you might have moved or renamed a folder or subfolder?

Also, I'd start a new project that does little or nothing, compile it and see if the same error message appears.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018