Recent

Author Topic: Cross compiling installer  (Read 8146 times)

dicas3d

• Site oficial do Lazarus Portugal
Cross compiling installer
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:55:01 pm »
Hello.
I like of make cross compiling for Linux from Windows, but I think that is very hard.
Can you create more easy way of do it?

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Cross compiling installer
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:28:26 am »
Not for me, surely you have to do some learning. And yes, it's an advanced topic which is not meant to be used by inexperienced developers. Understand the concept, try building it, make it work ;)

bobo

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:52:06 am »
The easiest and best way to do it is to have a virtual machine on your Windows and install Linux in it.
Once you have developed and tested your application on Windows, fire up your virtual machine Linux, and recompile the application there.
This way you can test in a real Linux before deploying, instead of just cross compiling and go back and forth at every problem.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 01:06:33 am »
search for codetyphoon (on this forum)

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:39:56 am »
I don't know for Windows->Linux, but vice versa Linux->Windows works OK without any problem if you use .deb packages.
Only configuration that has to be done is to recompile Lazarus with OS_TARGET=win32 and then you can build executables for both Linux and Windows.
my personal choise is Puppy Linux
and have prepared Puppy linux PET package for Lazarus 0.9.30 + fpc 2.4.2 with cross-compiling to win32.
Download PET from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/q_aktBSR/Lazarus-09300-fpc-242.html

Even Zeosdbo is preinstalled and cross-compilation works immediately without no need for any configuration.

dicas3d

• Site oficial do Lazarus Portugal
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 11:16:42 am »
I don't use CodeTyphon because is hard make upgrade to Lazarus and Change the version of the installed components. I tryed to change the version of the glscene installed on it and I can't.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018