Recent

Author Topic: ANN: IBX for Lazarus - Call for Testers  (Read 48989 times)

tonyw

• MWA Software
Re: ANN: IBX for Lazarus - Call for Testers
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 06:34:35 pm »
I have now uploaded release 0.9.2 to

http://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx

Release 0.9.2 includes what should be the final fix for bug #2 (Win64 compile problem) and also fixes the typo that caused problems compiling under MAX OSX.

This version also includes a strategy change for the property editors. Previously they relied upon a Default Transaction being set for the database. They now use their own transaction thus avoiding this dependency. The only requirement is for a database to be assigned to the component (e.g. TIBQuery). If not assigned or not connected then the "Generate SQL" and "Test" buttons should be greyed out. This change should improve the usability.

Fixing bug #2 also drew my attention to the fact that IBX was only working to a granularity of one second for Timestamps and Time fields, while TDateTime supports at least a millisecond granularity and Firebird supports a tenth of a millisecond granularity. This is now fixed and Time and Timestamp fields should now be read and written at a millisecond granularity.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:36:36 pm by tonyw »

laguna

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 09:03:28 pm »
Upgrade ibheader

row 49
Code: [Select]
{$IFDEF UNIX}
   {$IFDEF Darwin}
      FIREBIRD_SO2 = 'libfbclient.dylib';
  {$ENDIF}
  {$IFDEF Linux}
      FIREBIRD_SO2 = 'libfbclient.so.2';
   {$ENDIF}

laguna

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 11:22:43 am »
This is  work very beautiful.

my test in OSX Lepard 10.6 is very good.

Thanks

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 09:45:06 am »
This is  work very beautiful.

my test in OSX Lepard 10.6 is very good.

Thanks

Thanks Laguna - very pleased to hear this. I will now update the package to include the fix you suggested and note the positive experience reported.

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 04:44:17 pm »
I have now uploaded release 0.9.3 to

The only change from 0.9.2 is to include the conditional code for selection of the Firebird client library on MAX OSX. Linux and Windows users do not need to upgrade.

Reports from other MAX OS users would be welcome.

JD

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2011, 07:02:54 pm »

The only change from 0.9.2 is to include the conditional code for selection of the Firebird client library on MAX OSX. Linux and Windows users do not need to upgrade.

I just discovered that the SQL property of TIBQuery components does not work. Clicking on the button with three ellipses of this property in the Property Editor does yield any response.
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »

I just discovered that the SQL property of TIBQuery components does not work. Clicking on the button with three ellipses of this property in the Property Editor does yield any response.

I can confirm, but actualy, it works only when you provide the working db connection in design time.

The property editor works as simple query builder, so I guess the working connection is needed for this.
However, this is confusing. One should at least get a simple text editor to enter sql.

Apart from TIBQuery's SQL property, the same applies to four ...SQL properties of TIBUpdateSQL.

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2011, 10:49:33 pm »

I can confirm, but actualy, it works only when you provide the working db connection in design time.

The property editor works as simple query builder, so I guess the working connection is needed for this.
However, this is confusing. One should at least get a simple text editor to enter sql.

Apart from TIBQuery's SQL property, the same applies to four ...SQL properties of TIBUpdateSQL.

I confirm that this is a bug .The problem is in IBDBReg where all the property editors use code such as

if Assigned(Query.Database) and
    IBSelectSQLEditor.EditSQL(Query.Database,Query.SQL) then Modified;

This protects against an access violation but does not allow the property to be invoked with an empty database property. This probably should be changed to something like:

if Assigned(Query.Database) and
    IBSelectSQLEditor.EditSQL(Query.Database,Query.SQL) then Modified
  else
  if IBSelectSQLEditor.EditSQL(nil,Query.SQL) then Modified;

Release 0.9.4 looks like a likely outcome.

JD

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 12:02:08 pm »
Release 0.9.4 looks like a likely outcome.

It looks like you designed the IBSQL Editor with a PageControl component having its TabPosition property set to tpLeft. I personally believe that the best position for the tabs visually is on top (i.e tpTop). This is the only position where the tabs don't look misaligned & out of place.

I invite you to try placing the tabs in different positions to see what I'm trying to get at.

JD

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 05:27:10 pm »
Continuing from where I left off earlier, I looked at the IBSQL Editor interface in MS Vista. The text looks garbled & some of the controls overlap each other.

See the attached screenshot.

Kudos for all the work you are putting into these components. Keep up the good work.  :D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:22:53 am by JD »

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 10:33:34 am »
Continuing from where I left off earlier, I looked at the IBSQL Editor interface in MS Vista. The text looks garbled & some of the controls overlap each other.

See the attached screenshot.

Kudos for all the work you are putting into these components. Keep up the good work.  :D

JD, I'm going to investigate this one before posting an update as it looks like this is one area where one solution does not fit all interfaces. In Gtk2, the horizontal tabs look good - the text is also horizontal. I also agree that it looks bad in Windows. The trouble is that putting them on the top with GTK2 doesn't look so good. Hence, a platform dependent solution may be the right answer.

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2011, 01:54:55 pm »
I have uploaded release 0.9.4 to

This fixes the reported problems with the property editors when the database is not defined. The TIBSQL editor tabs are now moved to the top of the pagecontrol for non-GTK2 interfaces.

tcmdvm

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2011, 01:36:07 am »
I am using the 0.9.4 version with lazarus (stable version) and windows.

In IBTable there is no way to set the MasterFields property. I think a dialog box should pop up to allow you to set the MasterFields.

Otherwise, the other components seem to be working in my limited tests.

JD

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 06:08:22 pm »
I have uploaded release 0.9.4 to

This fixes the reported problems with the property editors when the database is not defined. The TIBSQL editor tabs are now moved to the top of the pagecontrol for non-GTK2 interfaces.

Thanks a lot. It now looks much better in XP & Vista.

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 10:20:07 am »
I am using the 0.9.4 version with lazarus (stable version) and windows.

In IBTable there is no way to set the MasterFields property. I think a dialog box should pop up to allow you to set the MasterFields.

Otherwise, the other components seem to be working in my limited tests.

The reason for this is simple - its not implemented and the original IBX code is commented out. This is because the IBX property editor depended on a Delphi Property Editor that does not appear to be present in Lazarus. I'll look into writing a replacement.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018