Recent

Author Topic: Synapse TCP/IP Library  (Read 9356 times)

Artur

Synapse TCP/IP Library
« on: July 31, 2005, 06:39:52 pm »
Hi,

Is anyone using Synapse synchronous TCP/IP library with Lazarus? If so, what's your experience with it and how did you install/use the library ?

Thanks in advance (I started using Lazarus and FreePascal last night).

Artur

Anonymous

Synapse TCP/IP Library
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 12:06:03 am »
I use it in Delphi and it rocks.
Synapse is just classes, so could just copy all the units into your project so and then add blcksock to your uses.
I don't know how to add a library path to lazarus to share the location with all projects.

Artur

Synapse TCP/IP Library
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 01:37:57 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I use it in Delphi and it rocks.
Synapse is just classes, so could just copy all the units into your project so and then add blcksock to your uses.
I don't know how to add a library path to lazarus to share the location with all projects.
Yeah, that's what I need to know, how to add a library path to Lazarus. Thanks.

Anonymous

Synapse TCP/IP Library
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 07:01:59 am »
I guess you can't add a library path, you just have to dump all the units in the same dir as your app.
I have asked about the library path before, apparently Lazarus has no concept of it.

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Synapse TCP/IP Library
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 09:10:00 am »
It would be best to create a lazarus package for Synapse, so adding the package to your project sets the correct <b>unit</b> paths.

If you don't do it, you can add the path to the compiled units (provided they are compiled with the same compiler as you are using for your projected) to the Other Unit Paths (compiler options, first tab, first path).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018