Recent

Author Topic: Where is the best free, unlimited, ad-free webhosting?  (Read 15082 times)

Hydexon

Where is the best free, unlimited, ad-free webhosting?
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:58:57 pm »
Hello, i want know to create the website of my company (i don't have money to buy an own domain :( ),i need ads free, unlimited disk space (because my Lazarus Projects Binaries are some big) and the capability to install scripts for example: Joomla, Wordpress and MediaWiki. Some Ideas?

NOTE: Please don't recommend me FreeHostingCloud because is very SLOOOOOW and many buggy
Lazarus 1.0.4 Stable - FPC 2.6.0 - gtk2 | Linux Mint 14 Nadia | GNOME Shell 3.6.2 - Awesome | Intel x86 | HP Mini 1020-LA Netbook (old)
Lazarus 2.0.2 Stable - FPC 3.0.2 - Windows | Lenovo IdeaPad Y

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: Where is the best free, unlimited, ad-free webhosting?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:22:55 pm »
I doubt you'll find that.  Maybe you can find one or two places that have the package already installed, but I doubt you'll get any commercial service for free that lets you install your own packages on their server.

If you really need it, better start searching for friends,schools or companies to do you a favour.

Sora-Kun

• I can smell your presence ...
    • Sora-Kun
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:15:39 pm »
if your project is Open Source, why not SourgeForge ? (sourceforge.net) It can host your project website, allow you to create a Wiki, and lot of things !
cheers !
if nothing suites you, make it your self!
The Revolution, Genesis. The next generation IDE.
If you want to help, PM me.

Made in Lazarus.
Soon, in The WWW.

Hydexon

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:09:54 pm »
Hmm, maybe, but sourceforge.net when you install applications ever the sourceforge logo are here.
Lazarus 1.0.4 Stable - FPC 2.6.0 - gtk2 | Linux Mint 14 Nadia | GNOME Shell 3.6.2 - Awesome | Intel x86 | HP Mini 1020-LA Netbook (old)

Sora-Kun

• Sora-Kun
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 04:15:18 pm »
O.K i know another one, but I never try it ! so you're on your own there ^^
http://www.heliohost.org/home/
Cheers :D

Made in Lazarus.
Soon, in The WWW.

Hydexon

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 06:33:42 pm »
Thanks You! :D

Sora-Kun

• Sora-Kun
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 08:35:36 pm »
No problem mate ^^ goodluck  O:-)

Made in Lazarus.
Soon, in The WWW.

giorgiotani

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 09:49:13 am »
If your project is Open Source I would recommend SourceForge or Google Code.

In my experience, Google Code offers a very good tracker and overall it is very, very fast and ad-free, so now is my primary download site and bug tracker.
On the minus side download stats are lacking (I download them from the page and organize data with a spreadsheet... it's very far from my ideal of a stats service!), and offers only the ability to create a wiki-style page for the product.

SourceForge offers the ability to create a real website, you must publish their logo on all pages but it is small and IMHO it is not really an issue, before I had a dedicated server it was my primary choice for web hosting - they recently stopped web stats service, you will need anyway something like Google Analytics if you need website stats.
On the minus side forums, tracker, stats and login are really slow, painfully slow, and during the download ads from SF are shown - funnily enough, some users complained after clicking on a competitor's product ad, resembling a download button, that resulted in downloading unintentionally a different software from what they expected.

By the way, you can reduced the size of Lazarus binaries applying strip to remove unneeded symbols, and then you can save additional space compressing them with UPX, on my software it decrease the size of binaries down to 1/20 of the original size.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:52:11 am by giorgiotani »

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 04:32:50 pm »
A nice free web hosting service I've used for some time: www.000webhost.com. I don't remember if any advanced capabilities are offered since I never used any.

For opensource projects hosting another good choice is Launchpad.
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

Hydexon

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 04:36:25 pm »
Umm, 000webhost.com, nop. i used this time ago, i want install Joomla, Wiki and others but is saying the Fantastico Autoinstaller is upgrading for the "Moments" in 2 years!, and the same message shows todat!

bgrimes

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 01:17:24 pm »
I do not know which is the best free web host. I use IX webhosting because it fulfills my requirements best. Besides this it is not very expensive so for me personally it is better do not use a free webhost. I know that some friends of mine use free web hosts and I will ask them which one they are using.

mvampire

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 01:00:51 pm »
I really recommend you to BUY a hosting. Basic Domain + hosting costs less than 20$ (or even 15$) per year, and you will have no ads, normal support and so on. You can see, for example: http://www.crazydomains.com.au/web_hosting/
Remember that 1 Australian $ = 0.5$. So the minimum price for hosting is 1$/month.

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 09:57:24 am »
Locked.
This topic starts to attract spammers.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

TinyPortal © 2005-2018