Recent

Author Topic: An Software Installation System: InstallOverdom  (Read 14382 times)

Hydexon

An Software Installation System: InstallOverdom
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »
Hello!, everbody, i developing an Installation System, by me under my company name (TODO:D). Called InstallOverdom, has like InstallShield (IDE, Redistributables), using the Lua Scripting Engine, Visual Dialog Editor (Thks for the ported component jvRuntimeDesign), updating system, themes, look and feel, billboards.

Supports zlib and LZMA Compression,RPM and Debian Packages Generation, Safe redistribution of runtime libraries (Like InstallShield Merge Modules and Redistributables),etc.

Competence with Bitrock InstallBuilder, InstallJammer and others (i don't know). unlike of this, thanks to Lazarus and FreePascal technologies, and FpGUI.

Like Bitrock InstallBuilder Enterprises, you can build installers for different platforms in the same platform (Using a ported version of ExeMod.pas [Removing MZ Finding Procedures]).
Some Issues: English and Spanish IDE, Help and Setup languages are available. i need translators, the Crosscompiling (Some difficulties for these guys to want compile the projects itself.)

For now, is not available, i'm developing the IDE and before of this the Compiler, and Setup.
If possible and Alpha Version i release.

any help is appreciated.

Lazarus 1.0.4 Stable - FPC 2.6.0 - gtk2 | Linux Mint 14 Nadia | GNOME Shell 3.6.2 - Awesome | Intel x86 | HP Mini 1020-LA Netbook (old)
Lazarus 2.0.2 Stable - FPC 3.0.2 - Windows | Lenovo IdeaPad Y

circular

• Personal webpage
Re: An Software Installation System: InstallOverdom
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 01:24:42 am »
Do you know InnoStep ? Do you plan to make it compatible with ?
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

DirkS

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:28:44 am »
Do you know InnoStep ? Do you plan to make it compatible with ?
I assume that's InnoSetup... Don't think it can be compatible if Hydexon's installer uses Lua since InnoSetup uses (a form of) PascalScript.

Gr.
Dirk.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:59:05 pm »
That's right I was talking about InnoSetup.

I understand.

Hydexon

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:08:35 pm »
No, i can't port the Inno Setup compiler because is very Windows API dependent. but i can the compiler generate Inno Setup Scripts and compile it using the Inno Setup Commandline compiler based in the InstallOverdom Projects (like cross compiler!).

And about scripting engines: Lua is more crossplatform (Compilable in most any platform and architecture) and RemObjects Pascal Script only supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and the architectures x86, x64, ARM (No WinCE Support) and powerPC. and my installer is very strictly cross-platform.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:14:14 pm by Hydexon »
Lazarus 1.0.4 Stable - FPC 2.6.0 - gtk2 | Linux Mint 14 Nadia | GNOME Shell 3.6.2 - Awesome | Intel x86 | HP Mini 1020-LA Netbook (old)

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 11:02:52 am »
I'm not sure what to understand. Do you mean you could interpret Inno scripts to make some setup file or do you mean you can call Innosetup to compile Inno scripts ?

Hydexon

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 07:03:23 pm »
Yes, i'm thinking.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 02:25:03 pm »
But if you call Innosetup, it won't be crossplatorm, no?

fabienwang

• Lazarus is the best
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 08:22:11 pm »
call innosetup? then why would he create a software installer lol

maybe he can implement a pascal script VM that would be able to interpret Innoscripts, or convert them into Overdom format.
I'm using Arch Linux.
Known for: CPickSniff, OpenGrabby
Contributed to: LazPaint

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 08:23:02 pm »
Yes.

Hydexon

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 12:02:11 am »
Um... maybe... but i need a class to parse the Inno Setup Scripts. (I hear exists one in Internet, finding...)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:04:56 am by Hydexon »

DirkS

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 12:40:12 am »
Um... maybe... but i need a class to parse the Inno Setup Scripts. (I hear exists one in Internet, finding...)
Maybe in the inno setup source?

Gr.
Dirk.

Hydexon

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 04:23:04 pm »
Nop, Jordan Russell codes very cryptic :), but i hear and modified version of the ISCmplr.dll for parse InnoScripts and convert NSIS Scripts (Written in Delphi) but i can port it...

Note: im thinking to create Debian, RPM packages use the libListaller to create these packages easy and quick.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:38:31 pm by Hydexon »

Hydexon

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 08:02:49 pm »
For more information (in spanish only) of the InstallOverdom developement is availble in http://hydexon.wordpress.com

Hydexon

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 11:30:49 pm »
Due of my academical works, i unable to work in the project a looong time, and also i been to rewrite the project this last month, and suffered a fatal failure of my netbook HP doing it dead, but i my harddisk still live and made an copy of the projects, IO now uploaded at gitorious.org if you want to see.

http://gitorious.org/installoverdom

but if you wan't to contribute PM me because the development process is very different.
P.D: Coming soon InstallOverdom Supports Application Virtualization for Windows.

Take note the project requires: jvRuntimeDesign and pLua for work.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:32:26 pm by Hydexon »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018