Recent

Author Topic: Whats the latest Lazarus version that includes fcl-web with webdesign and gecko?  (Read 8919 times)

xenblaise

Whats the latest Lazarus Stable version that includes fcl-web with webdesign and gecko?

As I know the latest stable version is lazarus-0.9.28.2-fpc-2.2.4-win32 but does not have a pre-installed gecko and web design that can generate a fcl-web.

Is there any update? Since the stable version is OLD and does not have that.

Why not include components like zeos, xon script, sqliteDataSet, others, etc.,...

So, whats up?

I am asking this because I'm building a pre-INSTALLED lazarus on a lite NEW Windows XP3 disTro.

No serial needed, no registration needed, just a plain 1 click install, after a partition is formatted.

The package includes; latest of stable
Lazarus
devC++
MsWord2010
wamp
others planning to
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:37:34 am by xenablaise »

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Whats the latest Lazarus Stable version that includes fcl-web with webdesign and gecko?
None IMHO, even the upcoming 0.9.30. It really depends on what devs think about it and of course its stability.
Why not include components like zeos, xon script, sqliteDataSet, others, etc.,...
Those are 3rd party packages (well, sqlite is already distributed, you just have to install it yourself). Unless the author asked it to be included (and the devs agree to do so), it won't be included.

Lazarus actually doesn't need anything, a copy paste of whole Lazarus folder (and configuration data saved in user profile) is enough.

xenblaise

thanks Leledumbo
I understand <answered>

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Gecko afaik requires FPC 2.5.1/2.6.0 so that is not even possible regardless of Lazarus versioning.

xenblaise

Gecko afaik requires FPC 2.5.1/2.6.0 so that is not even possible regardless of Lazarus versioning.

Ok;
Afaik Lazarus stable version is 0.9.28.2
and fpc-2.2.4 for win32

So, why can't Lazarus Team build a new stable version that has only an added package with Gecko and Web Design even this two are not generally stable is Ok I think.  The point is we can use or make an fcl-Web directly after the Lazarus Installation.

They can;
from
lazarus-0.9.28.2-fpc-2.2.4-win32
to
lazarus-0.9.XX.X-FPC 2.5.X-win32

Ok;
I know, I don't generally understand the versioning of this product, but the stable updates should often applied in every quarter if possible.

Forgive me if I wrongly understand.  But please learn my point of view.

thank you

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
So, why can't Lazarus Team build a new stable version that has only an added package with Gecko and Web Design even this two are not generally stable is Ok I think.  The point is we can use or make an fcl-Web directly after the Lazarus Installation.
Then one start asking to have ZEOS, lNet, etc by default. The reasoning here is that users should pick up what's best for them. And it can't be generalized to "install everything" (if not, why would default Lazarus distribution has a lot of components but they're not installed?).

The versioning follows this.

xenblaise

The best forum I have experienced, answers are excellent.

thank you
Listening on my other post :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018