Forum > LCL

VirtualTreeView vs. TreeListView

(1/2) > >>

asdf:
Could anybody help comparing them in terms of convenience ?
Which is better for using in commercial project ?

asdf:
Finally I just moved to use TreeListView instead.
It looks easier and I could finish learning/practicing the example within 1 hour.

JD:

--- Quote from: asdf on February 24, 2011, 05:17:35 pm ---Finally I just moved to use TreeListView instead.
It looks easier and I could finish learning/practicing the example within 1 hour.

--- End quote ---

VirtualTreeView takes a while to get used to but the rewards come must later. In my opinion it is faster & more adaptable than TreeListView. Take a look at the demos for VirtualTreeView. It is a very impressive control.

rajivsoft:

--- Quote from: JD on February 26, 2011, 05:55:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: asdf on February 24, 2011, 05:17:35 pm ---Finally I just moved to use TreeListView instead.

--- End quote ---

VirtualTreeView takes a while to get used to but the rewards come must later. In my opinion it is faster & more adaptable than TreeListView. Take a look at the demos for VirtualTreeView. It is a very impressive control.

--- End quote ---
yes, it's a bit hard to understand in all it's complicity, but when you know how to use it it replace both treeview and treelistview and practically all other list components because of huge customization.

asdf:
TreeListView made me feel like using StringGrid

To add column :  TreeListView1.Columns.add.Text:='Column 1';
To add a node :  TreeListView1.Items.Add.Text:='1150 Machinery';
To add a child :  TreeListView1.SubItems.Add('Year 2011');

Before that I have spent over 2 weeks to learn using VirtualTreeView and I could only get 'columns'. The demo is very difficult.

Are there any simple codes like this to learn VirtualTreeView ?
Somebody please help.
I think there are a lot of our members need it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version