Recent

Author Topic: LazPaint (alpha-blending, antialiasing, filters)  (Read 651208 times)

circular

• Personal webpage
Re: LazPaint (alpha-blending, antialiasing, filters)
« Reply #1065 on: September 24, 2021, 05:45:11 am »
Hi CM360,

You can choose a proportion with the rectangle selection tool.
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

CM630

• Не съм сигурен, че те разбирам.
    • http://sourceforge.net/u/cm630/profile/
« Reply #1066 on: October 05, 2021, 01:10:57 pm »
Indeed, I have not seen that  8) . It also works with fractional proportions (for example „0,75:0,32“).
Imho it would be better if custom proportions get added to the proportions combo box (until LazPaint is closed, at least).
Лазар 3,2 32 bit (sometimes 64 bit); FPC3,2,2; rev: Lazarus_3_0 on Win10 64bit.

CM630

« Reply #1067 on: December 03, 2021, 05:23:57 pm »
It would be very nice if the image could be centered automatically when printed.
Now I adjust manually the borders in the print preview dialog, until the image starts to look centered.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #1068 on: December 03, 2021, 07:07:59 pm »
Indeed that's a good idea

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
« Reply #1069 on: December 22, 2021, 07:00:06 pm »
LazPaint is now available as snap package https://snapcraft.io/lazpaint

Thanks to this, LazPaint can be simply installed even into older Ubuntu versions where it is not available from standard repositories and future new versions can be quickly made available to users.

Related change https://github.com/chronoscz/lazpaint/commit/902d15a4463a65b4f4cfe4c16747b624650e6631

Also I've noticed that supported mime types are not registered in deb package. I tried to add existing mime types into lazpaint.desktop file. Custom LazPaint .lzp file mime type can be also registered. See the change:
https://github.com/chronoscz/lazpaint/commit/01f15f8ea04c54e0d587189b8712a116677af8bc

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #1070 on: December 23, 2021, 08:57:07 am »
That's good new thank you very much  :)

I have merged your changes   8-)

Indeed, it is easy to update with snap. Is snap configured to look in a certain repository? I am ok if it is your branch, rather wondering about how it works.

Regards

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
« Reply #1071 on: December 23, 2021, 11:43:38 am »
For my projects I manage snapcraft.yaml directly in repo. For projects of others on github I create a fork so I can do additional changes without need to propagate all needed changes to upstream repo. But currently I build those snaps only locally with cloned repo. It is also possible to configure snap to download files directly from git repo. This may be needed for example to setup automatic snap builds on Launchpad. But as I am still doing research how to create Lazarus snaps properly, I rather use locally downloaded project files.
I record my finding in wiki page https://wiki.freepascal.org/Create_snap_package Still work in progress.

One thing is to create snaps and another is to keep them up-to-date. I will need to come up with some effective way to do that in future.
Do you have some promotion video which could be used on snap page?
Also I tried to find some good description of the application but I've found only some partial information on various web sites.
There can be also "Featured banner" added with some size restrictions.

I can also share administration access for the snap with you so you can update its listing and see metrics. I just need your email and you need to have/create ubuntu account.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 12:12:24 pm by Chronos »

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #1072 on: December 23, 2021, 03:45:00 pm »
For my projects I manage snapcraft.yaml directly in repo. For projects of others on github I create a fork so I can do additional changes without need to propagate all needed changes to upstream repo. But currently I build those snaps only locally with cloned repo. It is also possible to configure snap to download files directly from git repo. This may be needed for example to setup automatic snap builds on Launchpad. But as I am still doing research how to create Lazarus snaps properly, I rather use locally downloaded project files.
Got it.
I record my finding in wiki page https://wiki.freepascal.org/Create_snap_package Still work in progress.
Great stuff. So we have Debian packages and Snap packages!

Do you have some promotion video which could be used on snap page?
There are various videos for different features. Not really one that would be generic.

I noticed a new video made about LazPaint recently on EndeavourOS Atlantis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEw6PP7TMfg

Also I tried to find some good description of the application but I've found only some partial information on various web sites.
There can be also "Featured banner" added with some size restrictions.
There are some updates that could be done to descriptions indeed. Though it is already good. Maybe we could add mention of layer effects.

I can also share administration access for the snap with you so you can update its listing and see metrics. I just need your email and you need to have/create ubuntu account.
Sure. I am thinking as well about giving you access to the GitHub repository. For now though we can rely on pull requests I guess, but at the same time, I like the idea of having multiple people being able to handle things.

oayz

« Reply #1073 on: January 05, 2022, 04:08:21 am »
Deformation is a very nice tool but is there any way to move grid points on the perimeter of the image? Trying to use this feature for lens and perspective correction

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #1074 on: January 06, 2022, 02:00:29 pm »
Hi oayz,

Indeed it is not possible to move perimeter points. Though this limitation is not necessary I suppose.

oayz

« Reply #1075 on: January 15, 2022, 10:56:08 pm »
Is there a place to ask for improvement? I guess making perimeter control point movable is relatively simple  - "nothing is impossible for man who is not going to do it himself"  :)

CM630

« Reply #1076 on: January 19, 2022, 01:16:37 pm »
Is it possible to work in pixel by pixel mode?
When I set the tool to pencil, width = 1, opacity = 255 and when I click on a pixel, sometimes only this pixel is coloured, sometimes it is coloured more and some neighbouring pixel is coloured less.
When I copy and paste a part of the image, it somehow is pasted between the pixels, so the pasted image is less opaque than the original one.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #1077 on: January 23, 2022, 07:47:10 am »
Yes, you can enable Aliased mode or use CTRL key to align to pixels / half-pixels.

phobic

« Reply #1078 on: April 19, 2022, 07:52:20 am »
Hello, everyone. I've been using TBGRAAnimatedGif and I believe there is a memory leak. The following sample code leaks:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. var
  2.   gif: TBGRAAnimatedGif;
  3. begin
  4.   gif := TBGRAAnimatedGif.Create;
  5.   gif.Free;
  6. end;

So I've checked the bgraanimatedgif.pas unit. In the constructor there is called the Init method that has this code:

1.   ...
  2.   {$IFDEF BGRABITMAP_USE_LCL}
  3.   FTimer := TTimer.Create(nil);
  4.   FTimer.Enabled := false;
  5.   FTimer.OnTimer:=@OnTimer;
  6.   {$ENDIF}
  7.   ...

And finally in the destructor the Timer object is not freed. A simple fix would be this code added in the Destroy method:

1.   {$IFDEF BGRABITMAP_USE_LCL}
  2.   FTimer.Enabled := false;
  3.   FTimer.Free;
  4.   {$ENDIF}

That solved the problem for me and there are no more memory leaks.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #1079 on: April 25, 2022, 06:17:58 am »
Thanks @phobic that's fixed on dev branch.  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018