Recent

Author Topic: LazPaint (alpha-blending, antialiasing, filters)  (Read 651171 times)

taazz

Re: LazPaint (alpha-blending, antialiasing, filters)
« Reply #585 on: July 11, 2014, 04:03:54 pm »
When I post my code I would not like someone to take rights over it and to prevent others, including myself to use it.

That can not happen unless you create that function when hired in a full time job. As far as I know there is no way you can forfeit your owner ship, you only pass the right to use and share any one getting that code even when you put it on public domain license can use only under the terms you specify he can't hijack your rights.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #586 on: July 11, 2014, 06:15:20 pm »
When I post my code I would not like someone to take rights over it and to prevent others, including myself to use it.
I agree with that. Yes well let's continue on another thread because we are getting into misunderstandings and this might take a lot of pages. My point of view basically is that LGPL code can move freely between LGPL projects, however I reckon not everybody would agree with that. I would have a problem however with code moving from LPGL to commercial.

I had a project in Berlios, I think it is in SF now, and I do include information for subs, which are not made by myself.
Yes it avoids any ambiguity.

EDIT: Please put the link to the thread you create for that subject. I guess your main question is about reusing portion of code from someone else or from another project.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:28:05 pm by circular »
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #587 on: July 11, 2014, 07:27:55 pm »
I like the idea of agglomerating error messages. What about a for with a Memo inside and an Okay button? Next week I will check if I can talk with the file opening function.
Ok.

Okay, please tell a name for the unit.
ufileext.pas?

Still they are not global. So if you have no other solution for item 2,1 I will submit a patch for mine. I will check if I can make shortcuts global.
Yes, they are global. Well I fixed the double handling of the key already.

The last one is a point, indeed. So I will leave autoopening, only if there are no other files in the filelist. If there are files, already, a new file will not be open. Does it sound okay?
Yes, well I think that it does already.

I suppose you mean when files are dropped in LazPaint, and that we choose to open in image list? Yes that is a good idea.
I will do it.
Ok.

I mean that I do not like the idea to be listed as "Paskal". I am okay being named as Contributors  ;D .
I get it. Maybe something like "Circular helped by Lainz, FabienWang and others"?

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #588 on: July 15, 2014, 04:46:04 pm »
This version is almost ready to be released. So if there are any last comments, please tell me.

Paskal, please tell me if you have the time for the last changes.

Cheers.

CM630

• Не съм сигурен, че те разбирам.
    • http://sourceforge.net/u/cm630/profile/
« Reply #589 on: July 18, 2014, 07:07:27 am »
Please publish the version, I will apply changes for the next one.

Лазар 3,2 32 bit (sometimes 64 bit); FPC3,2,2; rev: Lazarus_3_0 on Win10 64bit.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #590 on: July 21, 2014, 12:02:13 am »
Alright. Well I need some more translations. I can do some of it, but I am not fluent in all those languages!

CM630

« Reply #591 on: July 21, 2014, 10:57:10 am »
I have started translating LazPaint, but I think I won't be ready for that version. I will try to finish the main menu, at least.
Talking about hat, I cannot translate "selection fit", because I cannot understand what it does?
Hint?

And I just not to forget- I have to add a label "Number of files: xx; Todo files: yyy" in the imagelist.

circular

• Personal webpage

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #593 on: July 23, 2014, 04:11:52 pm »
I have updated the zip files of the incoming version:

The test version is number 5.9c. It is not a release. Here are the download links of the source code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazpaint/files/src/lazpaint5.9c_src.zip/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazpaint/files/src/bgrabitmap7.6.zip/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bgra-controls/files/bgra-controls-3.0/bgra-controls-3.2-20140421.7z/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazpaint/files/src/inet0.6.6.zip/download

Unless there are any objections, or any last language update, this will be the next released version as 6.0.

Cheers

CM630

« Reply #594 on: July 25, 2014, 07:39:43 am »
I noticed something odd in the trunk version.
For some reason some of the translations files (POs) get copied into the C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\ folder, in the same place where the INI file is stored. And LazPaint sees only them, it cannot switch to the other languages, whose POs are in the application folder.
I have never seen an application storing translation files in the  C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\ folder and I still see no reason for such behaviour. Shall it be the same with the official version, or this is done for some development purposes?

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #595 on: July 25, 2014, 03:25:36 pm »
Those languages files are updated languages files. When the application is published, some translations are not done yet. So I added a mechanism to download those automatically. There are no language files to download with the 6.0 yet of course. Those files are from the previous versions. They were indeed used instead of the new languages files in the application folder. I already fixed that on SVN and in the source zip files I just published.

The downloaded languages cannot be in the application folder in new version of Windows and on MacOS. It cannot be stored either in a temporary folder, because then it would be deleted without notice. So it is appropriate to store it in a configuration folder.

CM630

« Reply #596 on: July 28, 2014, 08:00:17 am »
The downloaded languages cannot be in the application folder in new version of Windows and on MacOS. It cannot be stored either in a temporary folder, because then it would be deleted without notice. So it is appropriate to store it in a configuration folder.
I am not sure what you mean by The downloaded languages cannot be in the application folder in new version of Windows. Do you mean that due to some user restrictions if they are downloaded later thay cannot be installed in the same folder?
For example- administrator installs LazPaint and the less rights user cannot download the translation files in the application folder?
Or you mean something else?

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #597 on: July 28, 2014, 11:16:58 am »
I am not an expert on that subject, but there are restrictions, and in newer version of Windows a system of redirection of file access that are supposed to be in the Program Files folder. And in MacOS, files are in an archive where binaries are in a different folder than data, and I don't know what accesses are granted there.

On the contrary, configuration folder seem to work great on any platform. If it works, why change it?

For portable application, it is possible to redefine the configuration folder and so where those extra languages will be stored.

CM630

« Reply #598 on: July 28, 2014, 01:54:54 pm »
Errr, I think Utorrent makes some trick... it sort of installs itself somewhere after first run. I will have to check these days.
I could offer you the following solution:
1. Either distribute all languages in a single package, considering that they wont' take so much space.
2. Another solution I've seen- one installer with all languages and one with English only.
Anyway, in my opinion a zipped (7zip, whatever) package shall always be available for download. I is a pain to installsomething, then copy it somewhere and the uninstall it.
As a matter of fact, recently I tried to run my app in Windows 7 and it gave some error due to access rights, but this happened even when running it from the My Documents folder. Reading you explanation about MacOs, I think that the idea of two distros (one full and one English only) should be less problematic, unless you have a Mac to try.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #599 on: July 29, 2014, 12:39:47 am »
No no, it works fine like that. There may be a misunderstanding.

Languages are copied during the installation process. But updates for language files that were not finished when the install was built are downloaded automatically in order to fill the gaps afterwards.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018