Forum > Carbon

How do I create a form to show up as a dialog seen with other Mac apps?

(1/2) > >>

Hansaplast:
Not sure if I can explain this properly;

With quite a few applications (probably best know when installing an application on a Mac, and you have to "agree" to the EULA) you see a dialog form appear right under the title bar of your application (without having it's own title bar).

How can I do this in Lazarus?
Is there a certain setting for form style? border style? etc?

(see attachment for an example)

IndianaJones:

Have a look at the PackageMaker tool, which is available when install the Apple Developer Package.
thanks.

Phil:

--- Quote from: Hansaplast on January 26, 2011, 07:30:59 am ---With quite a few applications (probably best know when installing an application on a Mac, and you have to "agree" to the EULA) you see a dialog form appear right under the title bar of your application (without having it's own title bar).

--- End quote ---

That's a modal sheet. Most Mac apps use modal sheets instead of popup modal dialogs because sheets are document modal, rather than application modal. You can do sheets with Cocoa, but I don't know about Carbon. In any case, you can't do sheets with LCL.

More info here:

http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/MacXPlatform_Part8.html#Dialogs

Thanks.

-Phil

Hansaplast:
@IndianaJones: I'm not looking for a package maker, I'm trying to get this type of dialog in my regular application.

@Phil: thanks again for the insight ... arg, I wish it would have been easier :)
I'd like to avoid using non LCL calls ... for the purpose of portability ...

Phil:

--- Quote from: Hansaplast on January 26, 2011, 05:52:12 pm ---@Phil: thanks again for the insight ... arg, I wish it would have been easier :)
I'd like to avoid using non LCL calls ... for the purpose of portability ...

--- End quote ---

You're now starting to see the limits of "cross-platform": the more code and skill reuse you try for, the more compromises you have to make, particularly on Mac.

Thanks.

-Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version