Recent

Author Topic: Sizeable window without a title/caption, how?  (Read 8321 times)

MikeHart

Sizeable window without a title/caption, how?
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:20:52 pm »
Hi folks,

I would like to create a window that is sizeable, but has no borders and no title/Caption bar. Like the auto completion dialog in Lazarus. How can I archive that. Setting Formstyle and/or Borderstyle didn't lead to the desired result.

Cheers
Michael

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Sizeable window without a title/caption, how?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:36:02 pm »
I don't think that's possible without custom drawing. The sizing handle is the border, so you can't resize form without having a border.

mas steindorff

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:25 pm »
I would like to create a window that is sizeable, but has no borders and no title/Caption bar. Like the auto completion dialog in Lazarus. How can I archive that. Setting Formstyle and/or Borderstyle didn't lead to the desired result.
can you drop a status bar on the from?  the "grip" corner of the status bar seems to hook into the forms sizer code.

I created a round form for a game.  in the mid of the form is a panel use to move the form around and a close button.  have not tried resizing due to object alignment requirements but in the end, it's just setting form.width and form.height to new values
windows 10 &11, Ubuntu 21+ - fpc 3.0.4, IDE 2.0 general releases

ik

• ik
    • LINESIP
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:54:07 am »
In MS Windows there used to be a way to remove the caption but keep the window settings as-is.
I do not remember how exactly (It's been almost 9 years since I last done it).

I do not know also how to do it in a cross platform way, but it might be possible.

MikeHart

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 11:50:36 am »
can you drop a status bar on the from?  the "grip" corner of the status bar seems to hook into the forms sizer code.

I did that too but then then grip corner of the status bar disappears.

Edit: Btw. I am on OSX, maybe it handles things differently.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018