Recent

Author Topic: Carbon Bugs Reports Here  (Read 10303 times)

robertouy

Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« on: June 13, 2005, 08:43:25 pm »
This topic is for Bugs and Errors Reporting...

robertouy

Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:52:03 pm »
Hello. I have created both Carbon topics.
Well, my first post here is to say that i was trying to compile lcl carbon based on my mac without a good result...
I have downloaded the CVS based version, and i found there under Interfaces the carbon version, and after, i tryed to compile it, so mainly i get errors on the interface, CarbonInt for example, but is good to see that most libraries compiles fine!

Can whos working on the carbon interface post the progress for us on the Carbon Progress forum for us?

Thanks!!!!!!

Roberto.

robertouy

Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 09:19:38 pm »
Forgot, this is the errors that i get when i try to compile lcl ussing carbon......

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.1.1 [2005/06/08] for powerpc
Copyright (c) 1993-2005 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Darwin for PowerPC
Compiling interfaces.pas
Compiling CarbonInt.pas
CarbonInt.pas(58,15) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "TCarbonWidgetSet.IntSendMessage3(LongInt, TObject, Pointer):LongInt"
CarbonInt.pas(64,15) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "TCarbonWidgetSet.AppInit"
carbonwinapih.inc(114,10) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "TCarbonWidgetSet.GetNotebookTabIndexAtPos(HWND,const TPoint):LongInt"
carbonwinapih.inc(186,10) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "TCarbonWidgetSet.SetCapture(LongInt):LongInt"
carbonlclintfh.inc(51,11) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "TCarbonWidgetSet.StatusBarPanelUpdate(TObject, LongInt)"
carbonlclintfh.inc(52,11) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "TCarbonWidgetSet.StatusBarSetText(TObject, LongInt)"
carbonlclintfh.inc(53,11) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden: "TCarbonWidgetSet.StatusBarUpdate(TObject)"
CarbonInt.pas(83,1) Fatal: There were 7 errors compiling module, stopping
TExternalToolList.Run Exception: CarbonInt.pas(83,1) Fatal: There were 7 errors compiling module, stopping...

Maybe this help the developer...

Marc

• Administrator
Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 10:26:21 am »
The carbon interface is is nothing more than a template and not realy usable.

And please, when you find bugs, report them in Mantis. Bugs reported here will be forgotten.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

Anonymous

Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 04:02:13 am »
Well dont know, can be a template, but do a test, try to compile the latest cvs version of lazarus lcl only lcl, ussing carbon, and you will see everything compiles, also, the fews errors, if you remove the override and what is caussing the errors, you will see that the lcl compiles with warnings but compiles... then try to compile ussing the new lcl and you will see that your test compiles, but when you try to run it on the standart mac os x console (not X11) it try to start but fires some errors.. So, thats why i tryed to put the forums, to see if the programer can give us some tips, or something to continue it or watever....

:)

Marc

• Administrator
Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 11:24:48 am »
It will compile,but it has no usable widgets
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

Anonymous

Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 06:30:16 pm »
Yeah i know, but i think that theres not much work todo, because it compiles... Maybe someone with knoweledge of Carbon Api can help if the programer not appears? Im really bad with Carbon Api... i use to develop with Java and RealBasic on Mac... :( Can be good to have Lazarus but with Carbon! GTK Is supper slow an buggy and if you do create a software you will need to install thousands of megabytes to let your app runs, X11, GTK, and the dependencies that are millions...... this is bad....
Ussing own API is another thing.. you will not need all those extra things.... you can imgine how slow it is when you need a desktop (x11) inside another desktop (mac osx desktop finder/aqua?) and not only that, not only x11, you need an extra api, GTK, plus other libs... SUUPPPPEEEERRRR SLOW... :)

dawlane

Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 09:04:43 am »
Hi to all

As this is my first post, I'm just sorry it has to be a possible bug with the TTabSheet Class using carbon on a Intelmac.

This bit of code

current_active_page :=  Form1.Form1_PageControl.ActivePageIndex;

if (current_active_page > 0) then
 This bit > Form1.Form1_PageControl.ActivePage.Free;

Will Throw a exception class 'External: EXC_BAD_ACCESS'
and stop highlighting the TCarbonTabsControl.ShowTab procedure in CarbonTabs.pas

The above code works in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X using the GTK widget set.

Any help would be appreciated.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that TabSheet are created Dynamicaly and a TSynEdit control added. And it look like the problem lies there or with my code that creates them, which is strange as it work correctly in GTK and Win32.

Here' the code

// Creat a tabsheet for the editor and set the owner to the main forms tab pagecontrol
                 FTabSheet := TTabSheet.Create(Form1.Form1_PageControl);
                 FTabSheet.PageControl := Form1.Form1_PageControl;
                 FTabSheet.Visible := False;
                 FTabSheet.Caption := FFileName;
                 FTabSheet.PageControl.ActivePage := FTabSheet;

// Create the editor component and set the owner to are newly created tabsheet
                 FText := TSynEdit.Create(FTabSheet);
                 FText.Parent := FTabSheet;
                 FText.Align := alClient;
                 FText.Visible := True;

antonio

Carbon Bugs Reports Here
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 09:22:14 pm »
When you find bugs, report them in Mantis. Bugs reported here will be forgotten.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018