Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

Carbon Progress News Here

(1/3) > >>

robertouy:
Hi, the purpose of this topic is to get informed about lcl carbon based, and to report bugs.
Thanks.

Vincent Snijders:
How are you going to get this information? Or are you going to interprete "no replies" as no progress?

Anonymous:
Nice question :S
Well, is supposed that the programer is doing the thing kindly, so i thing he or she can just kindly tell us "HEY THIS OR THAT THING IS WORKING" right?
And some one has needed to create this topic to impulse this... i hope we can get some kindly answer from the programer, if dont, is just delete the topic, and thats all, do you think?

Roberto.

Vincent Snijders:
This topic will remain here, just to show that nobody is working on the carbon interface atm. Maybe somebody will post updates here in the future.

robertouy:
Hi Vincent.
Well, you wrong, of course somebody is working on the carbon interface.
The cabon interface is there, i think its in work in progress state... (i hope)
Just download the latest lazarus source code from cvs and take a look at the interfaces folder under lcl folder.... dont know who is doing that... theres some names inside, but says something about win32.

Under the carbon interfaces the README says:
"This is the carbon interface.

It is in a very early stage, so don't use it as normal user.
If you want to help getting it to work contact the lazarus mailing list."

But looks like its a little old and no big revistions were made there. The Interfaces.pp shows on the header: Initial Revision Mon August 6st CST 2004
And if you look at the end of the CarbonInt.pas you will see there the log that says:

{==============================================================

$Log: carbonint.pas,v $
  Revision 1.1  2004/09/06 22:24:52  mattias
  started the carbon LCL interface

}  

So, you can see that some body started the carbon interface but not finished it... So please, be sure before post (no offend, with the respect that you deserve of course).

Btw, im not good with Carbon internals, so i hope the creator continues it, or somebody continues the good job...  :roll:

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version