Recent

Author Topic: How do I create indexes for existing tdbf dbase file??  (Read 3693 times)

wpflum

How do I create indexes for existing tdbf dbase file??
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:00:55 pm »
I'm working on a program that uses dbase files created on another platform.  I have not been able to find a way to create indexes for these files on the other system so I figured I'd have to look at a way to handle it on the Pascal side.  Originally I wasn't going to use to even bother with indexes since the data was limited but the data keeps growing in complexity and amount so now I'm seeing lags I'd like to fix if possible.  Can I create temporary indexes in memory for the couple of files I think I need them for or write them out to a local directory and use them from there??  The dbase files are on a networked drive and I'd rather not have individual machines trying to create indexes and write them back to the drive. Worse comes to worse I can try to write a console program in Lazarus/FPC and get it to work on the other system to create the indexes on the networked drive but I still need to know/understand how to do that.

Help!!

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: How do I create indexes for existing tdbf dbase file??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:06 pm »
There is a tdbf.regenerateindexes procedure, as well as .addindex, compactindex etc.

I know it is possible, (I did it at a former employer, but don't have the code anymore)but there are several types of indexes for DBF.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018