Recent

Author Topic: Carbon Interface  (Read 7868 times)

jcannonb

Carbon Interface
« on: June 01, 2005, 09:06:37 pm »
I am new to Mac programming but have used Delphi and FreePascal/Lazarus for quite some time. I was wondering when there may even be a workable beta version of a native Mac OS carbon interface for lazarus so I can confidently build a GUI Mac OS X app without the user having to have X11 installed.

Joshua Butcher
jcannonb@gmail.com

Marc

• Administrator
Carbon Interface
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 10:26:06 am »
AFAIK there is not. A while ago someone on the mailinglist announced that he would work at it, but till so far I've nothing heard.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

felipemdc

• Administrator
Carbon Interface
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:17:24 pm »
It is being implemented slowly ... you can help testing it / adding to it.

Drewski

Carbon Interface
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 02:25:01 am »
Here's an update:

Work on carbon is progressing slowly as sekel said. Currently only very few things work.
So far Marc has done most of the work on Carbon.

TForm - Partially implemented. Basically just enough to show a form.
TEdit - A fair amount works for this but no events other than mouse events.
TButton - Again just a partial implementation so far.
TListView - I've *barely* started on this.  The work so far is not in SVN.

All other controls have nothing done on them. Even timers.

I've been experimenting with working on linux developing for MacOSX. I have managed to build a crosscompiler to compile for powerpc-darwin from i386-linux. So, currently that is what I'm doing.

Andrew
-----------------
Have an nice day :)

felipemdc

• Administrator
Carbon Interface
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 05:17:18 am »
What do you mean by building a crosscompiler to compile for powerpc? You added code to Free Pascal to do that? Uau!, sounds very good. Is it on fpc source? I would be nice if you could add this kind of stuff to the Lazarus wiki. There is currently a tutorial on how to crosscompile from Linux to Win32.

It would really be nice to have a native widget for Mac OS X. I would help, but there are so few Macs on Brazil that I haven't seing one for many years.

Drewski

Carbon Interface
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 05:29:48 am »
No I didn't add any code. FPC is already available for the Mac. All you need are the cross binutils for assembling and linking. The binutils for this are a project from odcctools. I had to make one small change in the compiler source that had a path to a library hardcoded into it for darwin/mac and remove -Xc from all the Makefiles.

The command line I used to compile was:

make all CPU_TARGET=powerpc OS_TARGET=darwin OPT="-Xd -XPpowerpc-darwin- -Fl/$HOME/darwin-root/usr/lib"

TinyPortal © 2005-2018