Forum > Linux

Similar function in Lazarus as ShowMessage, but with delay not "OK" button.

<< < (9/9)

typo:
Copy the files to a project made on your computer.

jinx:
I get the idea of it, but I can't use ur idea in my app, at least not in the same way, anyway.

jinx:
So nothing?

jinx:
OK, lets forget about creating a new form, but I would like to fix one thing when using "kdialog". Note this is for Linux/KDE, not windows.

Here is whats happening when using "execute" procedure:

--- Code: ---kongoni  11353 25958  0 19:15 ?        00:00:00 [kdialog] <defunct>
kongoni  11638 25958  0 19:15 ?        00:00:00 [kdialog] <defunct>
kongoni  12341 25958  2 19:16 ?        00:00:00 [kdialog] <defunct>

--- End code ---

For some reason, until my pass is not killed those zombies are not going away, plus they will be many more depending on the apps usage.
So can anyone check the procedure execute which I wrote in a previous post?

garlar27:

--- Quote from: jinx on November 27, 2010, 12:30:49 am ---Told u win stuff wont work well on linux stuff!

--- End quote ---

Don't hesitate! We all know that windows' stuff don't work on linux but, FPC and Lazarus are cross platform and we share the same code between different OSs.
   So the first attempt is to do it the cross-platform way (a form on scrren center with a text and a caption and no buttons) which can be implemented in various ways and would need a little tweak to achieve the desired "flavor".
   but if you if you are having problems to fit your needs and you are short of time you can use the ugly, and muddy shortcut by executing an external app or an OS command with:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---ExecuteProcess(Application.Location, 'kdialog --passivepopup "Searching, please wait..."');
You can find more info about "ExecuteProcess" on the Wiki

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version