Recent

Author Topic: Needed: Complete, working Lazarus example for desktop database access in Linux  (Read 12762 times)

dkjMusic

I would like to find the above, with a sample desktop database file, so I can learn the basics.

I have spent nearly a week searching in vain for such a beast. The examples I have found either don't work or require more than I know about, e.g., connecting to a SQL server database.

I have an MS Access database on my desktop that I want to write some Lazarus code to query. unixODBC was a bust, and I am guessing I can find a way to export the mdb to a CSV file and import it into the db format used by a WORKING example program.

I would really appreciate any help provided.
Windows 7 Ultimate/32 bit;
Lazarus 0.9.31/Rev 33300;
FPC 2.7.1/Rev 19464;
GDB 7.0.50;
(via CodeTyphon 2.30)

davesimplewear

• Davids Freeware
go to my website, nearly all are working examples of desktop db's http://www.users.on.net/~dave.stewart/
All things considered insanity seems the best option

dkjMusic

go to my website, nearly all are working examples of desktop db's http://www.users.on.net/~dave.stewart/

:D Thank you so much. That is exactly what I've been looking for. I started with the Address project, but when I opened address.lpi, I got a message saying: Unable to find the unit of component class "TfrDBDataSET". What should I do?
FPC 2.7.1/Rev 19464;
GDB 7.0.50;
(via CodeTyphon 2.30)

dkjMusic

:D Thank you so much. That is exactly what I've been looking for. I started with the Address project, but when I opened address.lpi, I got a message saying: Unable to find the unit of component class "TfrDBDataSET". What should I do?

Never mind. I tracked the component to the LazReport package which I did not have installed. I installed and the address.lpi loaded w/o a hitch. Man, is it difficult to get Lazarus to let go of a buggered project.
FPC 2.7.1/Rev 19464;
GDB 7.0.50;
(via CodeTyphon 2.30)

dkjMusic

Now when I run the project in Lazarus and select File/Exit, the program breaks at the Close statement in TfPim.mmExitClick. How come?
FPC 2.7.1/Rev 19464;
GDB 7.0.50;
(via CodeTyphon 2.30)

davesimplewear

• Davids Freeware
that is the routine to close the program, when you say it breaks there are you debuging?
All things considered insanity seems the best option

dkjMusic

that is the routine to close the program, when you say it breaks there are you debuging?

Yes, I must be. The Lazarus window title had (debugging...) at the end.

I just deleted the routine then typed the code back in and it exited without stopping there. Maybe a breakpoint was in the original?

Thanks for your help.
FPC 2.7.1/Rev 19464;
GDB 7.0.50;
(via CodeTyphon 2.30)

mangade

Thank you for your example code. i really newbie and want to know more about lazarus and firebird.

Thank you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018