Recent

Author Topic: Compiling FPC fromSVN  (Read 24192 times)

DirkS

Re: Compiling FPC fromSVN
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 09:53:58 pm »
Yes you can blame TortoiseSVN. It did the same thing for me and other people have reported it, too. "Update" was the right solution, it fetched the rest of the files.
I never had such problems on Linux (my development platform) so it must be a TortoiseSVN bug.
Too easy... I've used TSVN for several years and have never seen this problem either...
Looks more like a connection problem to me.

Gr.
Dirk

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Compiling FPC fromSVN
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 09:22:02 am »
Too easy... I've used TSVN for several years and have never seen this problem either...
Looks more like a connection problem to me.

I have copied Lazarus SVN for 2 Windows machines using TSVN, one XP and one Vista. Both times I had the same problem while creating the repo. Both times it was solved by updating which downloaded the rest of the files. The problem never happened later when just updating the repo.

Bo Berglund complained about a similar problem at Lazarus mailing list, 30.09.2010, under subject "Where to set project search paths in lazarus?", although it may have been related to firewall ports.

Could all these be firewall port problems? I guess not, then it would not work at all.
I understand that all TSVN users don't experience this problem, whatever the reason is.
Still, it is not a connection problem for sure. On Linux I have done "svn co" and "svn up" from different servers and used git-svn link etc. Never had a problem.

Regards,
Juha
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018