Recent

Author Topic: Using TGeckoPort and how deploy XULRunner Runtimes  (Read 7021 times)

Hydexon

Using TGeckoPort and how deploy XULRunner Runtimes
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:59:42 am »
Hi, i am developing a crossplatform installation tool written in lazarus and i want use the TGeckoPort to show the "Start Page" for my IDE. in the Wiki for TGeckoPort says download a XULRunner Installer to work the component. but time ago this doesn't exists only can download XULRunner runtimes for Linux x86. but i want know if this downloaded runtimes can be used with this component, extracting these files into the application folder?
Lazarus 1.0.4 Stable - FPC 2.6.0 - gtk2 | Linux Mint 14 Nadia | GNOME Shell 3.6.2 - Awesome | Intel x86 | HP Mini 1020-LA Netbook (old)
Lazarus 2.0.2 Stable - FPC 3.0.2 - Windows | Lenovo IdeaPad Y

José Mejuto

Re: Using TGeckoPort and how deploy XULRunner Runtimes
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:52:02 pm »
Hi, i am developing a crossplatform installation tool written in lazarus and i want use the TGeckoPort to show the "Start Page" for my IDE. in the Wiki for TGeckoPort says download a XULRunner Installer to work the component. but time ago this doesn't exists only can download XULRunner runtimes for Linux x86. but i want know if this downloaded runtimes can be used with this component, extracting these files into the application folder?

Hello,

Using TGeckoPort to that task is overkill. XULRunner is around 22 MB and currently it only works (more or less) in Windows. Try the IPro component.

XULRunner can be downloaded from http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/releases/ for 3 platforms.

Hydexon

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:14:32 pm »
Only want know if only the runtime libraries must extracted into the folder application what use the TGeckoPort
Lazarus 1.0.4 Stable - FPC 2.6.0 - gtk2 | Linux Mint 14 Nadia | GNOME Shell 3.6.2 - Awesome | Intel x86 | HP Mini 1020-LA Netbook (old)
Lazarus 2.0.2 Stable - FPC 3.0.2 - Windows | Lenovo IdeaPad Y

José Mejuto

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:53:52 pm »
Only want know if only the runtime libraries must extracted into the folder application what use the TGeckoPort

Hello,

The component will check in sequence, current application folder (this could change when Linux version works), a folder called "XULRUNNER" inside current application folder (the most clean option), look for a GRE in the registry and finally try to catch a Firefox setup to use the GRE inside (Firefox GRE seems to not work with GeckoPort).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018