Recent

Author Topic: Initial OS configuration ?  (Read 6745 times)

yanes

Initial OS configuration ?
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:52:24 pm »
hi all,
I'm new to Linux GNU & Lazarus , I'm a medium level programmer in Delphi under Win32
I'm using BackTrack4 ,

when i start a new application project , it looks that Lazarus starts in the Win32 mode under "Wine"
but i want to make some Linux applications
i went to : Project > Compiler options >Code
and changed Target OS to Linux , Target CPU to : i386  and then i get the  message (See attachments )

Now how to tell Lazarus to compile my project under Linux
Second, i think that my version is built for Win32 (please see the about screen-shot)
but it's downloaded from the riposities packages

Please help me !
Thanks in advance

bflm

• Free Pascal Random Bits
Re: Initial OS configuration ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:28:40 pm »
Second, i think that my version is built for Win32 (please see the about screen-shot)
but it's downloaded from the riposities packages

Which Linux distribution installs a windows executable from it's repository? Sounds quite odd to me.

If you have some Debian based distro (e.g. Ubuntu) the packages for FPC and Lazarus will install the Linux versions for sure.

Please post here a bit more info about your system and someone will probably try to help you.

yanes

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:09:26 pm »

Which Linux distribution installs a windows executable from it's repository? Sounds quite odd to me.

You can see the about dialog of Lazarus and you 'll understand if this is a Linux platform  version  ;)

Please post here a bit more info about your system and someone will probably try to help you.

I'm said I have a BackTrack4 R1  on my machine ,
I installed Lazarus using Synaptic packages tool
My laptop is a Intel 3,2 Ghz  1Gb of RAM
I think ,situation is understandable now  8)

bflm

• Free Pascal Random Bits
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:39:30 pm »
You can see the about dialog of Lazarus and you 'll understand if this is a Linux platform  version  ;)

It's not, it says 'i386-win32-win32/win64'.

I'm said I have a BackTrack4 R1  on my machine ,
I installed Lazarus using Synaptic packages tool
My laptop is a Intel 3,2 Ghz  1Gb of RAM
I think ,situation is understandable now  8)

My bad, never heard of the BackTrack distro before.

NVM, if you have Synaptic then I suppose you've got the apt-get command tool also. If that's the case then all you need is probably 'sudo apt-get install lazarus' or 'sudo apt-get install lazarus fpc fpc-source' depending on how the dependences are marked in the repository. I would like to be more detailed, but I was not able to quickly find any specific info about the BackTrack repository packages, so I only infer that BackTrack has it's package repository from what you've said in your first post.

Still have no idea how could your Linux Synaptic gave you the windoze binaries (the sshot show it's running in Wine, another proof of that).

HTH

JimBeam

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »
Correct, Backtrack has its own repositories (it's based on Ubuntu though). The reason it has the Windows version of Lazarus/FPC running under Wine is probably because you can then write some programs that test security on Windows systems.
Backtrack is a penetration testing/security testing platform, so it might make sense to have a programming environment that targets a very widespread operating system...

The original poster might be better off with a regular Ubuntu system where you will get normal Linux Lazarus.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018